• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long it took them to come up with a polio vaccine?? I wonder if there was any expedited production of the vaccine? I wonder if they ran tests on that vaccine? I would imagine that polio was a much more pressing issue back in the day than Corona is today.
Almost 50 years per Google

Long term effects are a little different than side effects, which I think most agree would occur shortly after receiving the shot. For me personally, I'm healthy, in shape, not an at risk age group, haven't had the flu since I was 8 (or any other upper respiratory issues, never take the flu shot and for me the potential risk of any long term effects is greater than COVID. To take the vaccine or not is a decision, as an adult, I should be able to make without government intrusion into my medical business.

I've never taken the Flu Shot.

But yes, I'm in 100% agreement with you.

I've never taken the Flu Shot.

But yes, I'm in 100% agreement with you.
I have a feeling your like a Jesus sandal wearing hippie who eats only organic . Sweet . I can dig it. Want to start a hippie commune in Halifax county NC? It’s perfect territory for a hippie commune .

They typically spend years and years developing vaccines. They do this so they can understand the long term effects. That's doubly important when rolling out a new type of vaccine. But all that was just set aside in this case. You know where that leaves us? At a place where we just have to believe in our gut that a brand new non-FDA approved vaccine type will be A-OK.

That notion is based completely on emotion, with no scientific evidence to back it up. So the ultimate ask with this whole thing is for everyone to arrive at the same emotional state, where they will accept all the long term risk (with no recourse available if it goes wrong) solely on good faith in our fine corporatocracy.

How anyone can't understand why people might find that path disturbing and illogical and then have the audacity to look down upon those that do is beyond me.

There absolutely is scientific evidence to back it up, you just haven't made a significant effort to look into it. Every single new vaccine is not some crazy brand new formula that has never been seen before. This is not the first MRNA vaccine and they are well aware of the potential long term side effects of similar vaccines through years of clinical testing. In fact, historically, any rare extreme side effects occur within the first two months after injection (the J&J vaccine for example with the 1 per million cases of blood clots).

The reason vaccines take so long to get approval is just because of the strict guidelines and lack of resources. But when every country is working together and spending billions in months towards vaccine research, 10 years of work can be done in the matter of 9-10 months. It's really that simple.

You can make your own choice with your own body, but you cannot expect me to sit by and not judge you for the decisions you make. You are putting the lives of others at risk by not recieving a vaccine that 150 million+ people have taken with close to zero problems.

Its just like meteorology, its science. The media might be emotion-based, but you don't have to be. Read the research papers and the scientific data presented to you by immunologists and vaccine experts. Just like you'd listen to my local NWS rep before anyone on this website.

They typically spend years and years developing vaccines. They do this so they can understand the long term effects. That's doubly important when rolling out a new type of vaccine. But all that was just set aside in this case. You know where that leaves us? At a place where we just have to believe in our gut that a brand new non-FDA approved vaccine type will be A-OK.

That notion is based completely on emotion, with no scientific evidence to back it up. So the ultimate ask with this whole thing is for everyone to arrive at the same emotional state, where they will accept all the long term risk (with no recourse available if it goes wrong) solely on good faith in our fine corporatocracy.

How anyone can't understand why people might find that path disturbing and illogical and then have the audacity to look down upon those that do is beyond me.

They like to claim the research on the mRNA technology used for the vaccines has been ongoing for years.

Problem is, they rushed through the clinical trials on this new experimental technology that they normally take years to observe.

There absolutely is scientific evidence to back it up, you just haven't made a significant effort to look into it. Every single new vaccine is not some crazy brand new formula that has never been seen before. This is not the first MRNA vaccine and they are well aware of the potential long term side effects of similar vaccines through years of clinical testing. In fact, historically, any rare extreme side effects occur within the first two months after injection (the J&J vaccine for example with the 1 per million cases of blood clots).

The reason vaccines take so long to get approval is just because of the strict guidelines and lack of resources. But when every country is working together and spending billions in months towards vaccine research, 10 years of work can be done in the matter of 9-10 months. It's really that simple.

You can make your own choice with your own body, but you cannot expect me to sit by and not judge you for the decisions you make. You are putting the lives of others at risk by not recieving a vaccine that 150 million+ people have taken with close to zero problems.

Its just like meteorology, its science. The media might be emotion-based, but you don't have to be. Read the research papers and the scientific data presented to you by immunologists and vaccine experts. Just like you'd listen to my local NWS rep before anyone on this website.
Are those not vaccinated putting those that are vaccinated at risk? This doesn't add up to me, if the vaccine is effective and the absolute only resolution, than how come those vaccinated are at risk? If the only risk are to those that choose not to get vaccinated then why judge us for taking that risk. Do you judge those that swim in areas that say "swim at your own risk", vehicle accidents kill thousands daily but almost all of us choose to take the risk and continue to drive, do you also judge those?

Are those not vaccinated putting those that are vaccinated at risk? This doesn't add up to me, if the vaccine is effective and the absolute only resolution, than how come those vaccinated are at risk? If the only risk are to those that choose not to get vaccinated then why judge us for taking that risk. Do you judge those that swim in areas that say "swim at your own risk", vehicle accidents kill thousands daily but almost all of us choose to take the risk and continue to drive, do you also judge those?
Yes they are putting people at risk. Because the vaccine is effective but no vaccine can be 100% effective in preventing a virus, that's just not how our immune systems work sadly. If this many people had measles for example, there would be cases among people who were vaccinated as kids too. Luckily we erradiactaed it by so many people getting the shot over the years and getting herd immunity. We have no reached that with corona. Therefore, thousands of people are getting corona after being responsible and getting vaccinated because they likely caught it from someone who was not vaccinated. I say "likely" becuase those who are not vaxxed are more likely to get sick and spread it around.

Swim at your own risk is truly at your own risk. It doesn't effect others so go ahead and take the risk if you want! Driving is a different story. Unfortunately we do not have a better way to transport ourselves from place to place. BUT you can manage to drive in a safer manner and not drink and drive for example. Because if you drink and drive, you're not only putting yourself at risk but others around you as well. It's the same thing with the vaccine. Sure you may have taken the risk for yourself by driving, but are you factoring in the lives of others?

I've lost family and friends to the virus last year. This is not something I would take lightly because you've seen a few headlines doubting the vaccine on FB or some other news.

False

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back