• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's funny how convenient things have gotten for folks and how mixed their ideologies have become based on situation
Well I am consistent on personal choice and freedom. I've got my 2 step shots in, but that is MY choice. I don't care if Danny next door doesn't get his. I support his right.

I think they are working under the assumption from past vaccines that if there are side effects they happen within the first month or so. They don't just pop up out of no where in 9 years.
They typically spend years and years developing vaccines. They do this so they can understand the long term effects. That's doubly important when rolling out a new type of vaccine. But all that was just set aside in this case. You know where that leaves us? At a place where we just have to believe in our gut that a brand new non-FDA approved vaccine type will be A-OK.

That notion is based completely on emotion, with no scientific evidence to back it up. So the ultimate ask with this whole thing is for everyone to arrive at the same emotional state, where they will accept all the long term risk (with no recourse available if it goes wrong) solely on good faith in our fine corporatocracy.

How anyone can't understand why people might find that path disturbing and illogical and then have the audacity to look down upon those that do is beyond me.

They typically spend years and years developing vaccines. They do this so they can understand the long term effects. That's doubly important when rolling out a new type of vaccine. But all that was just set aside in this case. You know where that leaves us? At a place where we just have to believe in our gut that a brand new non-FDA approved vaccine type will be A-OK.

That notion is based completely on emotion, with no scientific evidence to back it up. So the ultimate ask with this whole thing is for everyone to arrive at the same emotional state, where they will accept all the long term risk (with no recourse available if it goes wrong) solely on good faith in our fine corporatocracy.

How anyone can't understand why people might find that path disturbing and illogical and then have the audacity to look down upon those that do is beyond me.

Not to mention companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.

I think they are working under the assumption from past vaccines that if there are side effects they happen within the first month or so. They don't just pop up out of no where in 9 years.
Long term effects are a little different than side effects, which I think most agree would occur shortly after receiving the shot. For me personally, I'm healthy, in shape, not an at risk age group, haven't had the flu since I was 8 (or any other upper respiratory issues, never take the flu shot and for me the potential risk of any long term effects is greater than COVID. To take the vaccine or not is a decision, as an adult, I should be able to make without government intrusion into my medical business.

Long term effects are a little different than side effects, which I think most agree would occur shortly after receiving the shot. For me personally, I'm healthy, in shape, not an at risk age group, haven't had the flu since I was 8 (or any other upper respiratory issues, never take the flu shot and for me the potential risk of any long term effects is greater than COVID. To take the vaccine or not is a decision, as an adult, I should be able to make without government intrusion into my medical business.
Not in a risk age group ? What are you talking about your 106! You might be the most high risk individual based on age alone in the country !

Not to mention companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.

I'm also fairly certain that if you are forced to take the vaccine and then something goes wrong, the government or any entity that mandated it will not be liable either. Forced but on your own if something goes wrong.... insanity.

Not in a risk age group ? What are you talking about your 106! You might be the most high risk individual based on age alone in the country !
At this age you are beyond any concerns, I've survived world wars, hurricanes, disease, famine, floods, let me be!

I'm also fairly certain that if you are forced to take the vaccine and then something goes wrong, the government or any entity that mandated it will not be liable either. Forced but on your own if something goes wrong.... insanity.

Correct. From the article...

"You also can’t sue the Food and Drug Administration for authorizing a vaccine for emergency use, nor can you hold your employer accountable if they mandate inoculation as a condition of employment"

Yea I guess anything is possible, but doesn't seem like much if a risk at this point.

I love that comment. Very concise and exactly what others think.

I wonder how long it took them to come up with a polio vaccine?? I wonder if there was any expedited production of the vaccine? I wonder if they ran tests on that vaccine? I would imagine that polio was a much more pressing issue back in the day than Corona is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back