• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got out of my follow up with my GI surgeon and he said they have seen an uptick in COVID hospitalizations at Rex but the media is blowing it out of proportion . Lmao . “ trust the science “ I think the non CDC , non government funded people of science are fed up with the media lies .

Vidant which has several hospitals serving 28 eastern NC counties had gotten as low as 19 people in the hospital back in late June. That has now crept back up to 54. Nothing terrible or out of control but that is still a noticable increase.

My wife and I have to get the vaccine, and so does our son. We really don't have a choice, and it is really a rock and a hard place scenario for us. I absolutely hate having to do this.

I talked to the pharmacist, who administered our first dose today. I understand the efficacy numbers, and I think those make a decent case for the vaccine. But he couldn't sufficiently answer the most important question to me: How are we to have confidence that some serious complications are not going to show up a few years from now in those who took the medicine? Vaccines take years to vet this stuff out. How could all of that be sufficiently addressed in a mere few months?

@Jon is a pharmacist. Maybe he'll be able to answer.

Anyway, this guy got out of the hospital and almost died with the Delta variant a couple weeks ago. He had the vaccine prior.

How do we know the vaccine won't induce a more serious reaction to the virus, particularly as it mutates?

I don't know the answers to those questions, so I don't know how to feel better about being part of the experiment. Maybe Jon or somebody else knows. But this pharmacist said we're figuring it out as we go. That, I believe. It's a big experiment, and I don't think that most people who are enthusiastic about the vaccine understand that.

We very well may be sacrificing our long term health for a near-term benefit that might not turn out to be all that great, when all is said and done.

It's honestly kind of a dumb stat since it assumes that all vaccinated Americans were exposed which is likely not the case. It's just as bad as using the entire population of the US to arrive at the survival rate. Numbers dont lie, the people using them.

I do find the 20% rate of death a little concerning but then again is that biased high due to asymptotic cases?
Exactly, for the most part the numbers are manipulated to support an agenda either way.

I don't think we now or ever will know exact, accurate numbers or percentages. jmho

My wife and I have to get the vaccine, and so does our son. We really don't have a choice, and it is really a rock and a hard place scenario for us. I absolutely hate having to do this.

I talked to the pharmacist, who administered our first dose today. I understand the efficacy numbers, and I think those make a decent case for the vaccine. But he couldn't sufficiently answer the most important question to me: How are we to have confidence that some serious complications are not going to show up a few years from now in those who took the medicine? Vaccines take years to vet this stuff out. How could all of that be sufficiently addressed in a mere few months?

Anyway, this guy got out of the hospital and almost died with the Delta variant a couple weeks ago. He had the vaccine prior.

How do we know the vaccine won't induce a more serious reaction to the virus, particularly as it mutates?

I don't know the answers to those questions, so I don't know how to feel better about being part of the experiment. Maybe Jon or somebody else knows. But this pharmacist said we're figuring it out as we go. That, I believe. It's a big experiment, and I don't think that most people who are enthusiastic about the vaccine understand that.

We very well may be sacrificing our long term health for a near-term benefit that might not turn out to be all that great, when all is said and done.
I'm in that same position beginning Sept. 1 (well I kind of have a choice but it's the lesser of 2 evils type of thing imo) but I totally agree. I'm truly not an anti-vaxxer as often labeled, but more concerned about potential long term effects, that I don't honestly believe there is any way to know that answer this early in the process. I've asked the question that if I or anyone else, that is mandated to take the vaccine, have any severe adverse reactions, who is liable? I've not got an answer to this question yet.

I agree 100%. I had the Delta virus and I can say its the scariest thing I've ever had, not because I was so sick but because how it weakens the body. It like to it moves through the body looking for weakness and that's why people have so many symptoms. It was so hard to breath and it was almost like you had to tell your body to breath which is scary crap for sure but I never felt sick so its just wired. I still don't think I would get the jab but if I had a gun to my head I would if I couldn't switch jobs or move to a different state. I hate that people are being put in your position to be forced to get it.

I agree 100%. I had the Delta virus and I can say its the scariest thing I've ever had, not because I was so sick but because how it weakens the body. It like to it moves through the body looking for weakness and that's why people have so many symptoms. It was so hard to breath and it was almost like you had to tell your body to breath which is scary crap for sure but I never felt sick so its just wired. I still don't think I would get the jab but if I had a gun to my head I would if I couldn't switch jobs or move to a different state. I hate that people are being put in your position to be forced to get it.
This^^^^ honestly should never happen

I'm in that same position beginning Sept. 1 (well I kind of have a choice but it's the lesser of 2 evils type of thing imo) but I totally agree. I'm truly not an anti-vaxxer as often labeled, but more concerned about potential long term effects, that I don't honestly believe there is any way to know that answer this early in the process. I've asked the question that if I or anyone else, that is mandated to take the vaccine, have any severe adverse reactions, who is liable? I've not got an answer to this question yet.
The humming noise from the 5g receiver in my arm is annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back