• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight Risk looks well placed today I could see an enhanced risk along the OBX/tidewaters of Virginia but SPC won’t micro forecast so

I like to joke with my mom (back in Detroit) about when we get a "cool down" (meaning temps in the upper 80s / low 90s) in Dallas and she always proceeds to cuss me out.

"THAT AIN'T COOL!!!""

She's like the rest of you. Her ideal weather is 60s and 70s, lol.

I like to joke with my mom (back in Detroit) about when we get a "cool down" (meaning temps in the upper 80s / low 90s) in Dallas and she always proceeds to cuss me out.

"THAT AIN'T COOL!!!""

You think their ideal weather is 60s and 70s? You think too much of them, they prefer -40s and -90s .

"THAT AIN'T COOL!!!""

I think 99% of people prefer 60s and 70s. Most people don't like to be hot or cold.

I will be issuing an urgent ? EAU ALERT ? soon for those near Myrtle beach inland across the s/e due to a sig weather event I see. Please rush to complete your hurricane kits water and batteries and generators will be gone in a few weeks and likely never replenish due to worker shortage and supply chain covid issues.

? This is a hurricane advisory for the Carolinas up to the blue ridge. ? A sig s/e hit is possible this season with power outages over one week likely. Food will be limited. Prepare now if you don’t want to fight the public.

? This is a hurricane advisory for the Carolinas up to the blue ridge. ? A sig s/e hit is possible this season with power outages over one week likely. Food will be limited. Prepare now if you don’t want to fight the public.
Time frame? Unbounded alerts/advisories = wishcasting and are both improper and unhelpful.

This is not a watch or warning. Just advising to prepare now given supply shortages in a pandemic that is coming back from the dead. Like lumber, tp, masks, they will disappear in one fatal sweep.

we are leaving a pattern that produced several hits already this season, the advisory is for the stronger African waves that could become major hurricanes and sneaky leak into Myrtle and inland…before the pattern largely shuts down and sends things away from us imo. Tik toc on the clock it’s possible we are severely hit it’s a race against time

we are approaching a few stronger waves this month it will be up to those to see if this advisory has any merit hence why we must alarm now given model support

believe I was right early this morning after seeing the storm in Iredell go severe before 5am I knew down east needed an enhance risk

These forecasts are always spot on .. ever time I have seen one of these products there is always a good few Tornadic storms in the bullseye area … unreal really .. if I ever see it over my backyard I’ll certainly be worried View attachment 87519
True but at least for western NC setups with cad wedge tornadoes and tropical tornadoes are likely too unique to be forecasted. Sucks the majority of tornadoes here in the foothills are too unique but bet the maps would be fire for Piedmont areas.

@Downeastnc i agree which is why I issued an advisory. Hopefully these first 1-2 storms miss given the pattern and we can quickly change the pattern away from our coast which I will believe will happen very quickly. Stale pattern of hits early this season this is still there but will be gone by September I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back