• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Raleigh Crabtree is still ok , triangle is bankrupt . North hills is not really a mall in the traditional sense , it’s like a midtown area with its own skyline now . Crazy I remember when they put the first tower which was the Renaissance hotel . That’s all Kane developers right there , I like them. Though they are about done now as they have ran out of space and everything around them is more suburban in nature . They won’t be able to redevelop that. Another mall we lost is Cary mall, been there once it was a shithole mall anyways . Crappiest “ mall” I ever saw was the Greenville mall @Shaggy that is not a mall, it looks like a high school that got converted to a mall!

South point is an upscale mall in durham , seems to be doing well.
Yeah Crabtree is still going strong. Triangle Towne Center is about 50/50. I remember when North Hill was actually a mall and there was an A&W store there. Yum!

Yeah Crabtree is still going strong. Triangle Towne Center is about 50/50. I remember when North Hill was actually a mall and there was an A&W store there. Yum!
Yeah , people seemed to like it more when it was a mall. Also your old ! When did north hills get redeveloped ? K&W you mean ? Yeah you old if that’s your choice of a restaurant , not knocking them though they are good lol! Also RIP JC Penny

edit: looked up A&W never been there

“North Hills Mall originally opened in 1960 and was converted to an enclosed mall in 1967.[2] It was not only the first enclosed mall in Raleigh, it was also the first two-story, air-conditioned indoor mall between Washington, D.C. and Atlanta.[3]

Yeah , people seemed to like it more when it was a mall. Also your old ! When did north hills get redeveloped ? K&W you mean ? Yeah you old if that’s your choice of a restaurant , not knocking them though they are good lol! Also RIP JC Penny

edit: looked up A&W never been there

“North Hills Mall originally opened in 1960 and was converted to an enclosed mall in 1967.[2] It was not only the first enclosed mall in Raleigh, it was also the first two-story, air-conditioned indoor mall between Washington, D.C. and Atlanta.[3]
A&W. Root beer come on man. They had a&w on tap and you could get the vest root beer floats. It was in the early 2000s when they started rennovating up there, I think. I used to go there in the 90s when I was in college, sometimes. They also had a DQ/Orange Julius store haha

Last week was the sickest I think I’ve ever been, but the past week has seen improvement. I have a little soreness in my throat remaining, but the fevers have ended and fatigue seems to be the main lingering symptom, but I might be dealing with that for a while. I had my first symptoms of fatigue and body aches pop up on July 1st and have been sick in some for or fashion ever since, though the third week of the month was by far the worst. I’ve had to use so much Advil this month that it can’t be good for me. Mono is something else. At least you’re immune for life, I just have to abstain from alcohol for a while and make sure I get enough sleep for the foreseeable future to make sure I make a full recovery. And I still can’t exercise for a bit to make sure I don’t rupture my spleen. Lost some weight since this all started, and it’s not the kind of weight I want to lose…

Masks required all indoor spaces regardless of vaccine at NCSU starting august 2nd

Kill me. What did I get this vaccine for
Meanwhile, only 12 people died yesterday in NC for Covid, which is especially lower with young people on a college campus. With a vaccine, lower that risk even more. It's really not necessary. I could draw some conclusions, but I'm not going to do that now.

You know everyone on here goes on and on how they like summers that are comfy and 70s. Well you sure ? Like seriously are you sure ? Here is Saranac lake , a place normally in the 70s in summer , during a summer cold spell. You sure you want to deal with this mid summer ? @jackendrickwx
Sub 50 degree highs ? Not breaking 60 for a week? 53 degree rain ? 41 degree lows ?

You know everyone on here goes on and on how they like summers that are comfy and 70s. Well you sure ? Like seriously are you sure ? Here is Saranac lake , a place normally in the 70s in summer , during a summer cold spell. You sure you want to deal with this mid summer ? @jackendrickwx
Sub 50 degree highs ? Not breaking 60 for a week? 53 degree rain ? 41 degree lows ?
Looks great sign me up. If I lived there I could go find heat and humidity

Could you deal with ice days in may though ? Forgot a random freeze in may how about an entire day below freezing ?
I'm sure that gets old just like heat and humidity here. I mean its all about personal preference as I've gotten older I just don't like heat and humidity anymore.

I'm sure that gets old just like heat and humidity here. I mean its all about personal preference as I've gotten older I just don't like heat and humidity anymore.
Anymore ? There was a time you did ? That’s funny as most people as they age prefer milder weather . Your liking for the cold will go next :p

Hell w/ this silly heat. Me and mountain bike are heading to Dupont
1572798730cd973100cbfccd81b2e085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea that look miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back