• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorites
Fv3 is cold biased, nam is cold biased, hrrr sucks with winter weather/temps/overrunning precip, CADS, gfs is well the gfs, cmc is cold af, icon is warm biased, wrf is cold biased, euro has high pressure in the NE turn into LP under 200 hours, pioneer model is JBs model, RGEM says trees and power lines shouldn’t exist in CAD areas from ice, CFS is well the cfs ??‍♂, JMA is our “false hope”, GEFS is cold as ---- past hour 240, EPS caves then goes by itself then does the same and can be cold biased, GEPS says we should bake for the rest of winter last week, wtf is the canSIPS? Yep models suck ?
Many of us are going to have to have knee replacement surgery for spending 10 weeks kicking the can down the road
A friendly reminder to everyone: With an impending late-season winter storm, there will likely be an elevated level of excitement and anticipation as the event draws near. Some may even experience an increase in heart rate, sweaty palms, and also blurred vision, making it difficult to accurately examine both the content and intensity of the precipitation that may soon be falling. Whether you see any snowflakes or just think that you do, please -- PLEASE -- resist the urge to call 911. This channel should be used for actual emergencies. We do not want to tie up resources with road reports, snowflake size, or storm bust laments. Thank you for your cooperation.

Maybe if you make the point again we'll all get it. ;)

I think you're painting a pretty broad brush here on those not vaccinated. I agree, that the vaccinated should totally get to choose if they wear a mask or not. But, I think you are off base in saying it is all about "protecting" those who have not been vaccinated, at least when it comes to non children. The same people that have been insistent on the masks and vaccines all along are the same ones now pushing remasking and boosters. At some point, they'll have to live life again; there are going to be no guarantees unless you climb in a sterile bubble or die. As for those who haven't gotten the vaccine, there are multiple and valid reasons for not having done so. Do you really need to start calling them names and looking down on them?

This will go against popular opinion but May-July was our biggest chance at s/e hits and we did see a few storms but I believe a recurve pattern is setting up soon during the peak it will be a race against time if something can sneak in during August but I doubt it with how I see the pattern changing!!!!

Doesn’t mean much but it’s interesting the only member with anything wants to threaten the Carolina coast . I mean it’s nuts to me everything is literally aligned as bad / good as possible for the highest possible chances you can get for a hurricane strike on the Carolina coast / SE . 1999 to the end I guess ! Perhaps means a Jan 2000?
January 2000 is being mentioned in the middle of July folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back