• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statewide mask mandate actually expires this Friday, Gov just said that is correct "business know what to do, schools know what to do, people know what to do when it comes to mask". Then why was there ever a mandate in the first place, I can only laugh and I'll stop now. Lol

I know I'm sick of it, tired of him talking to people like children, like covid is the only "bad" thing out there that can make you sick or kill you. Cooper, lol dude was at a McDonald's today in Nash County where they were giving a coupon for free burger at McDs if you got a vaccine. Haha their all about keeping everyone healthy by giving them free McDonald's burgers!
COVID targets obese / unhealthy people -> McDonald’s contributes to unhealthy weight gain -> which means you have a higher risk of covid complications . Vaccine or not . Cooper really sending mixed messages . Doesn’t feel like he truly cares , it’s all a bunch of virtue signaling .

I know I'm sick of it, tired of him talking to people like children, like covid is the only "bad" thing out there that can make you sick or kill you. Cooper, lol dude was at a McDonald's today in Nash County where they were giving a coupon for free burger at McDs if you got a vaccine. Haha their all about keeping everyone healthy by giving them free McDonald's burgers!
I mean a double cheeseburger with a sweet tea sounds good

We are doing a ton of work for the new DHHS facility, it's interesting timing for sure, you just have to wonder how all this covid funding is intertwined in some decisions.

Well guess I'll get my nose jabbed/swabbed weekly now, thanks Gov, you're the freaking best.
NCSU requires weekly testing for the unvaccinated . I did it once and they blow up my email to keep doing it . I won’t do it till they contact my employer at state then I’ll be like oh sorry and do it . Repeat! Been getting away for some time . Though last time I said that here I got an email from my boss , someone on this forum snitched !

We are doing a ton of work for the new DHHS facility, it's interesting timing for sure, you just have to wonder how all this covid funding is intertwined in some decisions.
If you want to know the truth you follow the money and not the science. These guys are making pretty good money off of it.

I can understand making people that work with kids either wearing a mask, getting vaccinated, or weekly testing. But everyone else should be able to choose what they want to do now. Only 5% of the people infected now are vaccinated. They shouldn't be forced to wear masks still. And everyone else, unless they work with kids, should be able to choose if they want to risk getting the virus or not.

I can understand making people that work with kids either wearing a mask, getting vaccinated, or weekly testing. But everyone else should be able to choose what they want to do now. Only 5% of the people infected now are vaccinated. They shouldn't be forced to wear masks still. And everyone else, unless they work with kids, should be able to choose if they want to risk getting the virus or not.
This I agree with. I have no idea why they are telling those that are vaccinated in high risk counties that they need to wear mask indoors. Something doesn't add up here, if only the unvaccinated are getting sick, then why advise the vaccinated to mask up?

This I agree with. I have no idea why they are telling those that are vaccinated in high risk counties that they need to wear mask indoors. Something doesn't add up here, if only the unvaccinated are getting sick, then why advise the vaccinated to mask up?

They are doing it because vaccinated people still have a chance of getting infected, even if it's a 5% chance and they hardly get sick, and passing it along to someone who is unvaccinated and has a greater risk of getting sick. But they shouldn't be forced to try to protect those that don't want to get vaccinated. That's their choice to take that risk.

On a call, and didn't watch. Unvaxxed have to get tested weekly?
State employees, unfortunately I'm a 26 year state employee... provide verification of vax or weekly testing and mask mandated. Retirement can't get here soon enough

State employees, unfortunately I'm a 26 year state employee... provide verification of vax or weekly testing and mask mandated. Retirement can't get here soon enough
The day that can’t come soon enough is the day we no longer have to even deal with COVID anymore... if that day ever comes

If the virus infects only 5% of those who are vaccinated, and if the majority of those people then go on to have mild or no symptoms, then there is no logic at all to ask the vaccinated to wear masks, of which the most worn kinds of masks are the kinds that virus particles can pass freely through.

Let the unvaccinated carry their own risk, and let freedom go forth.

So far, Apple is the only retailer to announce they will enforce the CDC's latest indoor mask recommendation.

And Nevada is the only state to reimpose a mask mandate (although Illinois has confirmed they're considering it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back