• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because you could be spreading it to others and have a much higher chance of spreading it to others if you are unvaccinated. But that's on you. I'm vaccinated, and everyone if my house is vaccinated except my daughter, and she will get it in December when she turns 12. I'm tired of doing things to protect those that refuse to believe in science and refuse to get vaccinated. Good luck. Ironic that people that like to follow the weather are antivaxxers.

So then why you trippin if you vaxed? chill man, and go eat a snickers, or my personal favorite, a plate of waffles.

No, because you could be spreading it to others and have a much higher chance of spreading it to others if you are unvaccinated. But that's on you. I'm vaccinated, and everyone if my house is vaccinated except my daughter, and she will get it in December when she turns 12. I'm tired of doing things to protect those that refuse to believe in science and refuse to get vaccinated. Good luck. Ironic that people that like to follow the weather are antivaxxers.
It's not a vaccine, btw.

I'm really interested to know if most people who are vaccinated that test positive are symptomatic or not.
Israel apparently did a study and said they found the vaccine was less than 40% effective against the Delta variant. Also, it seems like a non-significant percentage of hospitalizations in the UK are from fully vaccinated people.

So you felt no apprehension when you got the shot? I was sweating bullets down to the last second asking myself if it was the right decision

Yeah I was freaking out I really didn't want to do it honestly I only did it because my vaccinated parents were coming to visit without that I probably never would have lol. Then I did the J&J because no way I was going through that twice

Also that night after the vaccine I don't care to go through that again. By far one of the worst nights I've ever been through

Yeah I was freaking out I really didn't want to do it honestly I only did it because my vaccinated parents were coming to visit without that I probably never would have lol

Also that night after the vaccine I don't care to go through that again. By far one of the worst nights I've ever been through
Yes the day after I thought getting covid might be better

So you felt no apprehension when you got the shot? I was sweating bullets down to the last second asking myself if it was the right decision
I almost threw up. But that was because I drank like 15 shots of whiskey the night before and burped and it tasted like a mix of whiskey and milk/cereal.

I'm trying to figure out if it bothers anyone that this medicine became available in less than a year, being promoted as the ONLY medical defense against Covid, when other medicines and vaccines that we take take years to develop. I can kind of understand that pharmaceutical companies are so strapped for cash that they can't develop novel medicines to a novel disease quickly and that in this case, the federal government rolled dollars off the printing presses to "speed up the process". But I can't see how the testing time was made up in the air.

We're assured that adequate testing was done. But I'm not sure how they squeezed years of tests into weeks and months. But ok.

I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer, but I have a difficult time believing that a political class, a corporate class, a media class, who is so quick to divide us at every turn, and who is so deep in each others' pockets, are now all of a sudden is seriously looking out for everyone's best interest...particularly when the strategy is to label, insult, demand, bribe, threaten, etc. in order to get people vaccinated. Those don't seem like benevolent characteristics to me. Add in the fact that there seems to be no interest at all in finding any sort of treatment for the virus, like you might with Strep throat or the flu or a cold or malaria or HIV or any other of the thousands of thing out there. But here, you just sit at home until you're bad enough to go to the hospital. All of that makes me scratch my head.

I said in the covid thread that the vaccine would probably end up circumventing the virus. I was told that was dumb. Even the official word was that you won't get sick if you take the vaccine. Now, look where we are. I said in the covid thread that this mess likely came from a lab. The official label for that was "conspiracy theorist", I believe. Now, look where we are. Follow the science comes to mind. Did we forget that step here?

All of this does not add up to such an easy decision as some message board hero might make it out to be, especially if you're seriously trying to contemplate and assimilate all of these dynamics. On the other hand, if you hate one political ideology so much that you will accept anything you're told at face value and then claim "science", then I can certainly understand the simplicity of the decision-making process.

By the way, as an aside, staking a claim in the term "science" or saying things like "the science is settled" is a neat little tactic to sooth your soul or shut down debate. But that's not science at all. The science most certainly is not settled on this virus, the "vaccine", treatment options (if there are any), or anything else related. We'll see how things shake out, but the labeling of people and the aggressive harshness toward someone else is not borne out of science. It ultimately comes from a bitter and disgruntled spirit.

I'm trying to figure out if it bothers anyone that this medicine became available in less than a year, being promoted as the ONLY medical defense against Covid, when other medicines and vaccines that we take take years to develop. I can kind of understand that pharmaceutical companies are so strapped for cash that they can't develop novel medicines to a novel disease quickly and that in this case, the federal government rolled dollars off the printing presses to "speed up the process". But I can't see how the testing time was made up in the air.

We're assured that adequate testing was done. But I'm not sure how they squeezed years of tests into weeks and months. But ok.

I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer, but I have a difficult time believing that a political class, a corporate class, a media class, who is so quick to divide us at every turn, and who is so deep in each others' pockets, are now all of a sudden is seriously looking out for everyone's best interest...particularly when the strategy is to label, insult, demand, bribe, threaten, etc. in order to get people vaccinated. Those don't seem like benevolent characteristics to me. Add in the fact that there seems to be no interest at all in finding any sort of treatment for the virus, like you might with Strep throat or the flu or a cold or malaria or HIV or any other of the thousands of thing out there. But here, you just sit at home until you're bad enough to go to the hospital. All of that makes me scratch my head.

I said in the covid thread that the vaccine would probably end up circumventing the virus. I was told that was dumb. Even the official word was that you won't get sick if you take the vaccine. Now, look where we are. I said in the covid thread that this mess likely came from a lab. The official label for that was "conspiracy theorist", I believe. Now, look where we are. Follow the science comes to mind. Did we forget that step here?

All of this does not add up to such an easy decision as some message board hero might make it out to be, especially if you're seriously trying to contemplate and assimilate all of these dynamics. On the other hand, if you hate one political ideology so much that you will accept anything you're told at face value and then claim "science", then I can certainly understand the simplicity of the decision-making process.

By the way, as an aside, staking a claim in the term "science" or saying things like "the science is settled" is a neat little tactic to sooth your soul or shut down debate. But that's not science at all. The science most certainly is not settled on this virus, the "vaccine", treatment options (if there are any), or anything else related. We'll see how things shake out, but the labeling of people and the aggressive harshness toward someone else is not borne out of science. It ultimately comes from a bitter and disgruntled spirit.
We don’t even have a vaccine for AIDS man and that ----- been around for nearly 40 years ! Is it likely this vaccine is harmful ? Probably not , but there’s a good chance as we see with all the vaccinated people getting sick that it’s not very affective at all.

We don’t even have a vaccine for AIDS man and that ----- been around for nearly 40 years ! Is it likely this vaccine is harmful ? Probably not , but there’s a good chance as we see with all the vaccinated people getting sick that it’s not very affective at all.
I don't know. At least they have settled on a treatment for AIDS. They even have a treatment for Atzheimers, although it only marginally helps. No treatment for Covid. None at all. I believe there is substantial efficacy for the vaccine. But I don't believe we have any idea at all what the long-term ramifications are of the vaccine. There is simply NO WAY AT ALL to know that. What we are exactly doing is launching the greatest medical trial in the history of mankind for a virus with a very low fatality rate. I hope we don't end up regretting it.

The best defense against Covid is putting the fork down and going for a jog, but no one wants to talk about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back