• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to leave this here...

CDC to reverse indoor mask policy, saying fully vaccinated people should wear them indoors in Covid hot spots

BTW, if the mods feel discussing this topic isn't appropiate and will cause too much derailment here, please feel free to move and/or delete.

It was more so a FYI, since the main COVID thread waa closed down.

My body my choice right? I’m glad you got it and your kids got it. I choose not to get it and I definitely don’t want my 6,4,2 year old getting it. All good.

No, because you could be spreading it to others and have a much higher chance of spreading it to others if you are unvaccinated. But that's on you. I'm vaccinated, and everyone if my house is vaccinated except my daughter, and she will get it in December when she turns 12. I'm tired of doing things to protect those that refuse to believe in science and refuse to get vaccinated. Good luck. Ironic that people that like to follow the weather are antivaxxers.

No, because you could be spreading it to others and have a much higher chance of spreading it to others if you are unvaccinated. But that's on you. I'm vaccinated, and everyone if my house is vaccinated except my daughter, and she will get it in December when she turns 12. I'm tired of doing things to protect those that refuse to believe in science and refuse to get vaccinated. Good luck. Ironic that people that like to follow the weather are antivaxxers.
Alrighty. ?

It would be fine if it didn't always become a hot dog measuring contest
True. I'm in agreement that those vaccinated should not have to mask up. I kind of thought we were at the point where those that wanted the vaccine have done so and were safe, those that have still chosen not to are taking a risk but it's their own risk. I just didn't see the need to label either group, that sort of thing fires me up a little

True. I'm in agreement that those vaccinated should not have to mask up. I kind of thought we were at the point where those that wanted the vaccine have done so and were safe, those that have still chosen not to are taking a risk but it's their own risk. I just didn't see the need to label either group, that sort of thing fires me up a little

I guess I got fired up, too. I just don't think those that are vaccinated should have to keep doing things the same as those that are not and to protect those that will probably never get vaccinated.

Agreed. I chose to get it some didn't. We all made the choice we felt was best for ourselves. If the delta variant didn't appear we would probably not be where we are anyway and moving forward. Life sucks sometimes

I highly doubt this move is to protect those that haven't been vaccinated, shoot most of them that make those decisions don't give 2 cents about the unvaccinated population at this point. They either are upset they haven't reached a certain vaccine quota or the vaccine isn't as effective as they first thought.

Agreed. I chose to get it some didn't. We all made the choice we felt was best for ourselves. If the delta variant didn't appear we would probably not be where we are anyway and moving forward. Life sucks sometimes
My wife and I are the only one's in our family not vaccinated (she will most likely get it though), it's an individual choice made with discussion with your healthcare provider or at least that's the way it should be. I'm not mad at those that got the vaccine and I'm not shouting from the rooftops approval of those that chose not to. COVID did one thing that's for sure, it taught us how to label, shame and almost Scarlet Letter members of society and I take issues with that.

I highly doubt this move is to protect those that haven't been vaccinated, shoot most of them that make those decisions don't give 2 cents about the unvaccinated population at this point. They either are upset they haven't reached a certain vaccine quota or the vaccine isn't as effective as they first thought.

I don't think it is that cynical. I think it's because people are still getting sick, especially with the Delta variant, but they don't think they can trust people who are not vaccinated to wear a mask on a honor system. So, they want everyone to wear a mask. I think that is ridiculous. If you're vaccinated you shouldn't have to wear a mask. If you're not, that's the risk you take if you want to wear one or not. I do think schools with kids less than 12 should have everyone wear a mask, and other schools and businesses can let those vaccinated not have to wear a mask. Either provide proof of vaccination or you have to wear a mask.

My wife and I are the only one's in our family not vaccinated (she will most likely get it though), it's an individual choice made with discussion with your healthcare provider or at least that's the way it should be. I'm not mad at those that got the vaccine and I'm not shouting from the rooftops approval of those that chose not to. COVID did one thing that's for sure, it taught us how to label, shame and almost Scarlet Letter members of society and I take issues with that.
You run like 1000 miles a day you would likely be ok if you got it anyway.

Well to the last part divide and conquer right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back