• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even mad they are building off 540 where you mentioned , sucks because it’s a relatively rural area ( won’t be after that) but it’s also right on 540 and the Raleigh city limit line. If an area is growing its those spots that should be built first , not 30 miles from the nearest major employment hub
It will be everywhere around here. Developers are calling me literally everyday now from all over the country asking about any all properties. They are dying to get in the market. 5-10 years and you won't recognize this place. But it's not all bad. You get into redevelopment next and some areas like Capital Boulevard really need that.

It will be everywhere around here. Developers are calling me literally everyday now from all over the country asking about any all properties. They are dying to get in the market. 5-10 years and you won't recognize this place. But it's not all bad. You get into redevelopment next and some areas like Capital Boulevard really need that.
Screw the devs they cut corners as much as possible , pay as little as possible and 100x their initial investment then sell the homes for 400k+. Entire American economy is super inflated right now . Claytons horrible though , they will build as far out as Fayetteville to the south and Wilson to the east and call it Raleigh . Zebulon is amazing though , somehow we aren’t quite as gang buster as the rest even though since 2015 it’s gotten going . I’m ready for the inevitable 20xing of property taxes to pay for failing infrastructure which we won’t keep up with at all.

@Bham 99 call me a weenie but it’s basic murcan capitalism . If you are smart , greedy, and heartless you can make millions right now despite what will be happening by the time your grandkids come of age . I sometimes debate about going hardcore democrat because their policies are great at stifling growth .

@Bham 99 call me a weenie but it’s basic murcan capitalism . If you are smart , greedy, and heartless you can make millions right now despite what will be happening by the time your grandkids come of age . I sometimes debate about going hardcore democrat because their policies are great at stifling growth .
Whatever makes you feel good.

Screw the devs they cut corners as much as possible , pay as little as possible and 100x their initial investment then sell the homes for 400k+. Entire American economy is super inflated right now . Claytons horrible though , they will build as far out as Fayetteville to the south and Wilson to the east and call it Raleigh . Zebulon is amazing though , somehow we aren’t quite as gang buster as the rest even though since 2015 it’s gotten going . I’m ready for the inevitable 20xing of property taxes to pay for failing infrastructure which we won’t keep up with at all.
That's America Bro, Clayton is corrupt. They made Fred Smith the county commissioner as in the biggest construction company in East Raleigh's Owner. But you lose me on your fight against developers. I'm part of that process and it isn't cheap or easy.....now 30 years ago what they did was garbage.

That's America Bro, Clayton is corrupt. They made Fred Smith the county commissioner as in the biggest construction company in East Raleigh's Owner. But you lose me on your fight against developers. I'm part of that process and it isn't cheap or easy.....now 30 years ago what they did was garbage.
Developers aren’t responsible for maintaining infrastructure , these developments aren’t dense enough to support the infrastructure maintenance costs . Either these towns tighten up and basically make all developments small packed townhomes with no yard space but a larger population able to support costs for infrastructure or they don’t develop at all. That’s what I say . I ain’t trying to pay for the infrastructure for fancy 600k homes they slap up . PA is a great example of what we will almost certainly look like by around 2040.

Developers aren’t responsible for maintaining infrastructure , these developments aren’t dense enough to support the infrastructure maintenance costs . Either these towns tighten up and basically make all developments small packed townhomes with no yard space but a larger population able to support costs for infrastructure or they don’t develop at all. That’s what I say . I ain’t trying to pay for the infrastructure for fancy 600k homes they slap up . PA is a great example of what we will almost certainly look like by around 2040.
False

How is it false ? Towns went bankrupt in parts of America after the 2008 housing crisis because the steady stream of developments keeping them afloat stopped and they defaulted on their debt ( towns take tons of debt to pay for infrastructure improvement ).

How is it false ? Towns went bankrupt in parts of America after the 2008 housing crisis because the steady stream of developments keeping them afloat stopped and they defaulted on their debt ( towns take tons of debt to pay for infrastructure improvement ).
You don't have a good understanding on how this works, come on downtown and I'll show you a few things. Local governments went broke because Developers are their biggest clients without those fees coming in they fail and shrink. I could show you some numbers that would blow your panties off that these guys pay.

Here you go @Bham 99 , it’s well known in civil engineering circles and urban development what density per square mile is sustainable .

4.1. Economic Effects
As it has been pointed out, the Agglomeration Economies are one of the theoretical foundations of urban phenomena. Thus, when densities strongly diminish, some of the key economic forces which explain the existence of cities are weakened [1”

You don't have a good understanding on how this works, come on downtown and I'll show you a few things. Local governments went broke because Developers are their biggest clients without those fees coming in they fail and shrink. I could show you some numbers that would blow your panties off that these guys pay.
Yes ! I’m saying the same thing but focusing on the cost of infrastructure! Yes exactly , when developers dry up towns go broke ! Broke towns can’t afford roads and utilities ! I’m sorry if I’m confusing you , I’m passionate on this issue and am posting a lot . I’m sure you got a lot to offer on this though since you are intimately tied to the issue more than me .

Here you go @Bham 99 , it’s well known in civil engineering circles and urban development what density per square mile is sustainable .

4.1. Economic Effects
As it has been pointed out, the Agglomeration Economies are one of the theoretical foundations of urban phenomena. Thus, when densities strongly diminish, some of the key economic forces which explain the existence of cities are weakened [1”
I'm quite aware my minor in college was urban planning.

I'm quite aware my minor in college was urban planning.
So why you keep laughing at me and calling me a weenie ? That indicates you disagree !!! Urban planning is cool , development is great , but I don’t like what they are doing . It’s unsustainable !

Yes ! I’m saying the same thing but focusing on the cost of infrastructure! Yes exactly , when developers dry up towns go broke ! Broke towns can’t afford roads and utilities ! I’m sorry if I’m confusing you , I’m passionate on this issue and am posting a lot .
Yeah im a professional Civil Engineer you get that right? Your not an expert at everything.

So why you keep laughing at me and calling me a weenie ? That indicates you disagree !!! Urban planning is cool , development is great , but I don’t like what they are doing . It’s unsustainable !
I'm laughing because you're so idealistic in your young age. Progress is good for many things.. better education, better infrastructure, better medical options, higher quality of life.

I'm laughing because you're so idealistic in your young age. Progress is good for many things.. better education, better infrastructure, better medical options, higher quality of life.
It’s not sustainable progress ! They arent doing it in a way sustainable for the long term health of the community . Do you get that ? Geez man.

I don't get it.
Look at what Thor said , when the devs dry up the town goes broke . A broke town is not healthy , a town that’s solely reliant on growing non stop is not healthy . That’s not sustainable , what happens when development drys up and infrastructure costs pile on, someone has to shoulder the cost . Then what , quality of life goes down .

Yes ! I’m saying the same thing but focusing on the cost of infrastructure! Yes exactly , when developers dry up towns go broke ! Broke towns can’t afford roads and utilities ! I’m sorry if I’m confusing you , I’m passionate on this issue and am posting a lot . I’m sure you got a lot to offer on this though since you are intimately tied to the issue more than me .
@Thor dude I acknowledged your knowledge on the subject matter . Why so harsh , your already offering plenty of insight for me to read and learn from which I appreciate .I even apologized for being so damn interested in the subject and talking about it lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back