• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are pushing the climate into uncharted territory with unforeseen consequences. One of them is the expansion of areas reaching a 35C wet bulb temp for extended periods of time which is beyond human survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And areas along the gulf coast could reach that point soon if emissions keep going up. Whole cites would have to be abandoned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats still a significant period of time, and for it to be broken by 8 degrees is pretty remarkable.
Not compared to a world that's been in existence for millions of years. If we could find some stone tablet in a lost cave somewhere that had the daily weather report on it from say 2 million BC, this would help.

I had a Professor in college (back in the early 90s) tell me that Rocky Mount would be ocean front property in 20 yrs.......... false promises, I still have a 2 1/2 hr drive to the beach.
Which beach do you go to ? Virginia Beach and the northern outer banks would be the closest to you?

I'm an OBX guy, been going since childhood. Exact distance to the water hasn't changed in nearly 50 yrs
Forgive me for being a geography nerd , but it’s cool how your closest point to the ocean is directly east of you but 40 miles south to here the closest point is all the way in topsail, some 150 miles south of your closest point .

Forgive me for being a geography nerd , but it’s cool how your closest point to the ocean is directly east of you but 40 miles south to here the closest point is all the way in topsail, some 150 miles south of your closest point .
Dewpoint, that you?

Wow bird was right.
A few things I was looking at that maybe were not mentioned…people kept saying it was moving too fast. Well I thought it was actually helping it because fast speed meant it was going to get away from the equator quicker because it was fairly far too south to do much strengthening for the past several days. Elsa had some dry air struggles but people were constantly nick picking Elsa to death. She held up for most of the journey and I could tell the NHC strength forecasts were going to be out to lunch. They ignored their own guidance and admitted they were on the low side. I think the biggest failure was keeping the same wind speeds throughout their cone when the majority of tropical systems experience different levels of intensity in their journey 1) near Barbados usually peaking 2) graveyard some decline 3) Caribbean mtns peak or bust 4) post Caribbean mtns peak in bath water 5) gulf or Bahamas peak in bath water 6) near shelf waters or ots decline in health

A few things I was looking at that maybe were not mentioned…people kept saying it was moving too fast. Well I thought it was actually helping it because fast speed meant it was going to get away from the equator quicker because it was fairly far too south to do much strengthening for the past several days. Elsa had some dry air struggles but people were constantly nick picking Elsa to death. She held up for most of the journey and I could tell the NHC strength forecasts were going to be out to lunch. They ignored their own guidance and admitted they were on the low side. I think the biggest failure was keeping the same wind speeds throughout their cone when the majority of tropical systems experience different levels of intensity in their journey 1) near Barbados usually peaking 2) graveyard some decline 3) Caribbean mtns peak or bust 4) post Caribbean mtns peak in bath water 5) gulf or Bahamas peak in bath water 6) near shelf waters or ots decline in health
Thanks Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back