• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be dead before anything happens. You're good.

DUDE it's happening and been happening. Folks are just ignoring it say oh it 's chance a one off even though crazy weather extremes are happening over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually would like the ice melt to hurry up, having the ocean in my backyard here in NE Georgia would save me gas which would help the environment too. win win
If all ice melted sea levels would rise 270 feet ! That’s not taking into account affect of currents , in which case it would rise more in some areas and less in others . However , for the sake of arguments let’s say it’s a uniform 270. My house elevation is 280 and elevation here varies , dropping under 200 only a few miles east and south east. I would literally be an island on the coast ! Raleigh would be the new coastline . Of course that’s not taking into account the fact rivers would flood and make sounds and estuaries so it’s possible Raleigh would be underwater too. Ocean however would be around here ! Man oh man dream come true !

If all ice melted sea levels would rise 270 feet ! That’s not taking into account affect of currents , in which case it would rise more in some areas and less in others . However , for the sake of arguments let’s say it’s a uniform 270. My house elevation is 280 and elevation here varies , dropping under 200 only a few miles east and south east. I would literally be an island on the coast ! Raleigh would be the new coastline . Of course that’s not taking into account the fact rivers would flood and make sounds and estuaries so it’s possible Raleigh would be underwater too. Ocean however would be around here ! Man oh man dream come true !

That would take thousands of years even under the worst case scenario. It would only take a few feet to cause massive disruption.

That would take thousands of years even under the worst case scenario. It would only take a few feet to cause massive disruption.

You ever read don quixote ? It’s about a man going through a mid life crisis so he decides to become a knight and go on a quest to restore chivalry and return society to older values . Sounds like you a bit , except your cause is global warming . Point is he was a fool, who failed at his cause .

The fact that Canada's all time record high was obliterated by 8 degrees is really eye opening.

You ever read don quixote ? It’s about a man going through a mid life crisis so he decides to become a knight and go on a quest to restore chivalry and return society to older values . Sounds like you a bit , except your cause is global warming . Point is he was a fool, who failed at his cause .
My purpose in life is to sift sand through my toes and empty coolers. :) if all goes as forecasted, Ill be doing that from my house here in Pittsboro

Change it, yes. Make it unhabitable due to heat and rising waters? Still doubt. Also doubt those massive nukes would ever take place. However, the news says anything is possible.

We are pushing the climate into uncharted territory with unforeseen consequences. One of them is the expansion of areas reaching a 35C wet bulb temp for extended periods of time which is beyond human survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back