• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure have been an awful lot of posts about soaking rain storms for a La Nina "hot and dry" summer. I do realize there are still some on here who are stuck in a flash drought.

So no rain for me in the big wet #2. (Or is this #3, because claudette was #2?) Lovely.
Yeah bro. Say sorry to me and I’ll think about lifting the curse on you. That or agree to pay me 500 dollars a month in restitution . Come on bro think. Is your rain worth it?

There needs to be a feature to see how often a member uses a certain reaction on your post … am I the only one @SouthATLwx likes putting wieners on? A little obsessive if you ask me … probably all that heat getting to his head… I hope we never have to go through what you do @SouthATLwx .. we are praying for your recovery wiener man!

$4300. Fantastic

Where did you take it?

Anyone has that has driven a dodge over the past 8 years or so has probably experienced that knocking sound eventually. When you take it to Dodge they don't even have to inspect it, they know its a hydraulic lifter that has gone bad. I drive a company truck as my personal vehicle, even so, I still want to make the best decision. Dodge wanted $6500 to take the engine apart to repair, other small shops won't even do the repair because they typically find more damage then just the lifter. I asked Dodge how much a new engine was, and the service rep looked like no one had asked him that before. So he made some calls and said: "Well its lower than I thought, just over $8000." I ended up swiping the company AMEX for around $8500 to get a brand new engine, 100K warranty, and a new water pump instead of having them tear apart an engine with 125k miles on it.

For $4300, I would consider a brand new engine with a brand new warranty. Yes, you would spend thousands more, but you would also spend thousands less by not buying a new car anytime soon. Although, the transmission is probably completely separate I would imagine.

Last edited:
Where did you take it?

Anyone has that has driven a dodge over the past 8 years or so has probably experienced that knocking sound eventually. When you take it to Dodge they don't even have to inspect it, they know its a hydraulic lifter that has gone bad. I drive a company truck as my personal vehicle, even so, I still want to make the best decision. Dodge wanted $6500 to take the engine apart to repair, other small shops won't even do the repair because they typically find more damage then just the lifter. I asked Dodge how much a new engine was, and the service rep looked like no one had asked him that before. So he made some calls and said: "Well its lower than I thought, just over $8000." I ended up swiping the company AMEX for around $8500 to get a brand new engine, 100K warranty, and a new water pump instead of having them tear apart an engine with 125k miles on it.

For $4300, I would consider a brand new engine with a brand new warranty. Yes, you would spend thousands more, but you would also spend thousands less by not buying a new car anytime soon.
Transmission only had 1st and 2nd. metal shavings in the fluid. getting a new T with 4 year 100k warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back