• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brook Bentons old song Rainy Night in Georgia. Id be praying for rain if I lived there. Atlanta is the hottest place Ive ever been.
Atlanta actually has cooler summer average highs than Raleigh , especially the northern suburbs which average closer to Greensboro in summer . Thing that probably gets Atlanta is that massive UHI making for hot nights though .

My AC in my car broke at the beginning of summer last season and I never got around to fixing it. I work nights and my car is parked in my garage so it was manageable but still not fun. Downstairs AC in the house also broke and upstairs went out twice in the middle of the summer. I got 2 portable AC’s for downstairs which actually worked quite nice when the upstairs AC was also working. I was able to fix the upstairs AC but the blower motor and the thing that kickstarts the outside fan had to be replaced. I hate summer as it is but I am really dreading the warm weather that is undoubtedly on its way the next 2 months. Definitely getting a new downstairs AC and probably upstairs but that plus the car is going to cost me a pretty penny. This brings up something my wife and I have debated about. Would you rather live in a house in the south for a month during summer with no central AC? Or would you rather live in say Ohio with no main heater for a month during winter? The rules are you can use portable AC or portable heat just no main or central. I say id rather have no heating in the winter as you can always bundle up or light a fire or use a portable heater. You can’t escape the heat though in the summer and I’d know cause I went a few days without a working AC last summer. The portable was great for our bedroom but even 2 of them didn’t due much when each central AC was down in a two story house.

If it would pretty please the mods, I'd like to request an official toss of the Happy Hour GFS ensemble. It isn't that it has it warm in the SE. I just don't care for the "look". ;)
Tossing privileges have been revoked until further notice! Our admin Shane Dawson may restore those rights to you after Savannah hits 90 .

I’m willing to bet 100 stuff dumps out west with transient cool until we get a big block
Maybe being a weenie saying that fwiw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back