• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

North Carolina should be called the interstate state . Every 2 lane road is liable to be made an interstate in the eyes of the DOT . 64? Interstate it . 74 ? Interstate it . Us 17? Oh they want to . 301? Oh wouldn’t shock me . 49 from concord to Raleigh ? I bet . Us 1? There’s a push for it . Us 70 to some beach hick towns ? They did it . 401 ? Prolly . They won’t stop till every corner is paved over and every lot subdivided. Ffs tho they even made a section of interstate to connect freaking Wilson to Goldsboro . WILSON TO GOLDSBORO . Lmao

I 73 is the most pointless interstate ever . Runs from no where to no where . Never seen an interstate as empty as it before .

Then you have I-95 in disrepair and two lanes through the entire state of South Carolina where it is constantly backed up in either direction.

Then you have I-95 in disrepair and two lanes through the entire state of South Carolina where it is constantly backed up in either direction.
South Carolina roads are apparently among the worst from my understanding . 95 should be a priority IMO. It’s bad even here in NC. Believe it or not though the 95 sections in nc/sc/ and ga are the least travelled

North Carolina should be called the interstate state . Every 2 lane road is liable to be made an interstate in the eyes of the DOT . 64? Interstate it . 74 ? Interstate it . Us 17? Oh they want to . 301? Oh wouldn’t shock me . 49 from concord to Raleigh ? I bet . Us 1? There’s a push for it . Us 70 to some beach hick towns ? They did it . 401 ? Prolly . They won’t stop till every corner is paved over and every lot subdivided. Ffs tho they even made a section of integrate to connect freaking Wilson to Goldsboro . WILSON TO GOLDSBORO . Lmao
All these damn people trying to live and get places.

All these damn people trying to live and get places.
You trying to live in Biscoe NC? How’s about living in south mills ? No? You ever heard of these places ? That’s where they are tryna interstate . You ever been to Goldsboro ? It’s a dying town so is Wilson for the most part .

I love freeways
Yeah you do. I’m sure you love 20 strip malls named park stone all having the same chains , with 30 neighborhoods called pine view . It’s lame and not the best for the environment , NC is going the way of Florida fast and at the very least Florida had a fund to protect what they could . We don’t . More roads they build more they have to tax us to pay for em . Sure makes you wonder then if that highway from hicktown to hicktown was worth it. All major cities in the state are connected so why are we trying to connect some random towns ?

I love freeways
Yeah I used to be on a forum filled with autists who called themselves road geeks. They literally drooled at the mouth at interstates and interchanges and ---- . I kid you not , one kid started fantasizing about making every school in Greenville 5 stories tall or somin. One guy went on about how he loves the smell of interstates or something .

Yeah I used to be on a forum filled with autists who called themselves road geeks. They literally drooled at the mouth at interstates and interchanges and ---- . I kid you not , one kid started fantasizing about making every school in Greenville 5 stories tall or somin. One guy went on about how he loves the smell of interstates or something .
Hahahaha that's awesome

Yeah you do. I’m sure you love 20 strip malls named park stone all having the same chains , with 30 neighborhoods called pine view . It’s lame and not the best for the environment , NC is going the way of Florida fast and at the very least Florida had a fund to protect what they could . We don’t . More roads they build more they have to tax us to pay for em . Sure makes you wonder then if that highway from hicktown to hicktown was worth it. All major cities in the state are connected so why are we trying to connect some random towns ?
I do like seeing the food sign on the side of a freeway letting me know there is a chic fil a in 2 miles.

Sucks y’all don’t have sheetz in the Charlotte area . I love sheetz ! Nearest one to you is in statesville prolly.
I like Sheetz too. But they scam you. They move in and undercut everyone else on gas prices. Then later, they raise prices above other places, but people still think they're cheaper. Anyway, I like their general model, and their stores are pretty sweet.

I like Sheetz too. But they scam you. They move in and undercut everyone else on gas prices. Then later, they raise prices above other places, but people still think they're cheaper. Anyway, I like their general model, and their stores are pretty sweet.
Yeah their stores are sweet, easy to grab lunch from there when in a pinch too. I just use getupside and get money back . So I actually fill for like 2.88 at Valero’s rn, they send back the difference on the get upside app. I like it . I try not to fill at sheetz because it’s always crowded . Their starting pay for workers is very high as well, 15-18 I think.

Back