• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

South Carolina roads are apparently among the worst from my understanding . 95 should be a priority IMO. It’s bad even here in NC. Believe it or not though the 95 sections in nc/sc/ and ga are the least travelled

See, i-95 is a priority to you, on your way out of state. to SC residents, its not a huge priority to make it a smoother ride for the Yuppies driving between NY and their FL homes. So, its in the Governor's best interest to focus on roads that will benefit SC residents, or in this case, NC residents who have beach houses or spend $$ staying in Myrtle, which helps SC residents.

L o l .. it looked solid for dry cry baby to get an inch as all models showed and the period is certainly not over yet (also this was never a “big wet” ) people west were always going to see more rain than people East and the rain was never going to be widespread here ??‍♂️
The more you cry the more you dry ???

I dunno, ask NBG. I said it was shifting west on the models and he told me I was still good for an 1+ so I should stop talking. His forecast needs to come with a money back guarantee as i'm sitting with 0.11"
If by Sunday you don’t have an inch I’ll take the hate cause that’s when things move on out

I’m still proud I have turned a great deal of people away from Myrtle finally. It’s quicker(1hr) and cheaper to do Charlotte to Florida! Flights are so cheap ($30) as are hotels ($70). For anyone in the mtns/hills/Winston that has close airport access. Miami needs to start paying me.

I would imagine this can’t be done in cities like Charlotte or Raleigh because that cold rain would turn to ice ot snow cover in our setups with temps in the mid 30s!

I would imagine this can’t be done in cities like Charlotte or Raleigh because that cold rain would turn to ice ot snow cover in our setups with temps in the mid 30s!

I imagine we won't see ice accumulate on the streets with temps in the mid 30s. Maybe if it snows hard enough. But then it would melt. That is, unless we decide to make some changes to the laws of physics and thermodynamics.

See, i-95 is a priority to you, on your way out of state. to SC residents, its not a huge priority to make it a smoother ride for the Yuppies driving between NY and their FL homes. So, its in the Governor's best interest to focus on roads that will benefit SC residents, or in this case, NC residents who have beach houses or spend $$ staying in Myrtle, which helps SC residents.
That’s silly , 95 connects the entire east coast. The amount of goods traveling on 95 is probably unparalleled by any highway . 95 is an economic engine . Saying it’s for yuppies going to Florida is not fully accurate . Connecting myrtle is mainly tourist dollars , maybe they can lure industry with it but that’s not the driving factor . If anything yuppies going to beach houses is more accurate for what 73 will promote . This is old but has information on 73. Tourist dollars seem to be the biggest thing . Sure it’s a net positive economically though .

I imagine we won't see ice accumulate on the streets with temps in the mid 30s. Maybe if it snows hard enough. But then it would melt. That is, unless we decide to make some changes to the laws of physics and thermodynamics.
I think 12 degree drop could negate urban island heating that Charlotte and Raleigh sees. These rain/snow lines would start advancing and pushing through imo. Mid 30s would have a greater chance of making it to 32. Would need all pavement converted from Charlotte to Mooresville and I would imagine boom boom boom

that’s a lot of hot pavement tho from Winston to Raleigh. I think hot pavement and city warmth is better than snow/ice risk

Would imagine flash freezes after rain would increase ten fold at night tho

I think 12 degree drop could negate urban island heating that Charlotte and Raleigh sees. These rain/snow lines would start advancing and pushing through imo. Mid 30s would have a greater chance of making it to 32. Would need all pavement converted from Charlotte to Mooresville and I would imagine boom boom boom
What measurable affect does UHI have on 850 mb temps ? Is it not just that it makes accumulation harder ?

I should have worded it differently, 12 degree cooling of road temps could create trouble in NC in the months of November-March esp where temps often float around 32 and below.

25”+ Mtns, 15” foothills, 5” Piedmont. 0-2” for most of the s/e. On average.

Back