• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

It grinds my gears when people are like rDu iS oUt oF tHiS when they live in Fuquay or Apex and they are halfway to ———- Fayetteville from me anyway.

Johnston and Harnett are not the triangle either. Yes, I’ll die on that hill.
I’m fairly confident of a major winter storm in our area, whether it’ll be snow or ice is the main question. Of course, it may yet all fall apart, but I think that’s unlikely. Durham versus Garner is likely to look like a different world for this storm.

I’m fairly confident of a major winter storm in our area, whether it’ll be snow or ice is the main question. Of course, it may yet all fall apart, but I think that’s unlikely. Durham versus Garner is likely to look like a different world for this storm.
I’m guilty as anyone so trust me, I’m pointing the finger at myself as well but I wish people wouldn’t throw out blanket statements about an entire region.

Greg Fishel said the Triangle would see front end snow/sleet followed by rain and 50 degree temps. Are the warmer ocean temps playing a role in scouring out cold air quicker? I know we are east of the good CAD (damn I miss living in Greensboro), but that is a quick and harsh rise in temps.

Wouldnt surprise me if the northern Triangle like Durham, Orange, eastern Alamance lose the cold quickly as well.

Lexington, Mocksville, Triad area will take much longer.

Thanks for the reminder! I miss living in Durham so much during the winter, amazing the differences often between even Raleigh and the Southpoint area.

Wouldnt surprise me if the northern Triangle like Durham, Orange, eastern Alamance lose the cold quickly as well.

Lexington, Mocksville, Triad area will take much longer.
I definitely wish I was still in the Triad for this one. So far, living here versus the Triad had benefited me in exactly zero storms basically. It’s unreal considering the snowfall average differential between here and there is fairly minimal. Are we going to get a storm where it pays off to be further east ever again?

Thanks for the reminder! I miss living in Durham so much during the winter, amazing the differences often between even Raleigh and the Southpoint area.
Since we moved to North Durham, I’ve seen snow accumulate here and watch it dwindle down either Guess or Cole Mill. It’s wild. I thought Northern Meck was a stark difference from Charlotte to Davidson but it doesn’t have anything on SouthPoint to say Bahama.

Greg Fishel said the Triangle would see front end snow/sleet followed by rain and 50 degree temps. Are the warmer ocean temps playing a role in scouring out cold air quicker? I know we are east of the good CAD (damn I miss living in Greensboro), but that is a quick and harsh rise in temps.

I don't think the oceans have anything to do with it. The HP is moving out and the cold air with it. Nothing to keep it in place. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I think the track of the storm plays a bigger part in this than anything else. Nothing says snow like a LP going over your head.

Last edited:
Back