• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Hey , so Raleigh home prices are more expensive than sussex New Jersey , so I’d imagine so are union county homes . Think about it , you can be 55 miles from nyc and the Jersey shore , living in relatively rural hilly / mountainous area with snowy winters . Your welcome now time to pack your bags! Or , so 1.5 acre lot in Rehoboth Delaware ! Your pick they are all cheaper now than here . I’m starting the reverse migration movement .
Yeah but you're not taking into account the property taxes.

Yeah but you're not taking into account the property taxes.
Yeah , our property taxes will join theirs one day though. Our infrastructure will come due eventually and with slowed growth there will be no choice but to raise taxes and raise them big time .

My first college was Wingate, spent 3 semesters there before transferring.

Anyway, the worst thing about Union county is driving on 74 from Monroe to Charlotte. It's not as bad as Capital Blvd, but then again what road is? Other than that, I have no issues. Classic example of rapidly developing sprawl on the west (facing Charlotte), and still rural farms on the East. I'm not sure the housing prices are quite to the point of Wake, but I don't feel like looking it up at the moment to debate it.

I heard they finally got the 74 bypass toll road built. That means us Wake peoples aren't the only ones that get to complain about toll roads.
The 74 bypass is clutch.

Back