• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

It’s time America wakes up and stop voting. Bend over and take it. Stop whining and just take it. Let big business vote only not individuals. Imo.

So, Instead of asking everyone individually, I decided to create a thread for developers. Let me start of by saying this is for anyone. A little about myself, I am a college student and halfway completed my bachelors in software engineering with a minor in climate data analytics. I am creating this forum in hopes to find others in the similar field and asperations.

What I am currently doing is:
  1. Creating a JavaScript data visualization viewer
  2. Working with various software language like ie. Java, Python, JS and many libraries.
  3. I am using a API
  4. Creating my own maps using shapefiles for a universal grid.
  5. Only using my local server, eventually I would like to begin using AWS.
  6. Other methods of data distribution geoJson, jQuery, and possibly using a custom restful API.

What I hope to improve in the future is:
  1. I have began working on a custom algorithm that would reduce the virga output on radar.
  2. Create a custom algorithm that would reduce snowfall rates to a more climate average atmosphere.
  3. A better way of importing live data feed from gib2 files.

I hope at some point to upload the project to GitHub for other students or researchers to add.

Anything data related is welcomed. We all can learn something. I know one user said he was able to use PowerPoint to build animations. I would love to know how he got that to happen.
Don't take away our virga storms, sometimes that's all we got Lol

Getting disliked for liking math . That stuff makes my mind literally orgasm . Y’all missing out on this , this that good crack .
Food and snow does the same for me!

Euro is toast. Another score for the GFS with Sam. I think the new euro (which no one posts here) was better than the old euro.

How would it even be possible for you to have a more historic winter than last winter which featured the absolute max level of cold possible for you . Didn’t you hit -28 or somin ? Gosh darned ! My gut tells me as well though this will be a wild winter for somebody .
I live in jonesboro. We saw -2 one night. Definitely not -28?. I was just showing the video

That avocado spread at subway is their life saver. I walk out every time if they are out.

That avocado spread at subway is their life saver. I walk out every time if they are out.
You should try a meatball with extra parm and jalapeños! There are 3 Subways within 3 blocks of each other in downtown Raleigh. ?

You should try a meatball with extra parm and jalapeños! There are 3 Subways within 3 blocks of each other in downtown Raleigh. ?
When I visit Raleigh in a few months I have a few places wrote down, City Market Sushi, Oakwood Pizza Box, Boulted Bread, Transfer Co. Only staying fri-sun so unsure what I will be able to fit in my stomach.

When I visit Raleigh in a few months I have a few places wrote down, City Market Sushi, Oakwood Pizza Box, Boulted Bread, Transfer Co. Only staying fri-sun so unsure what I will be able to fit in my stomach.
Sam Jones bbq, @SD fried grass clippings , and @Brick Tamland cornflakes . All good Raleigh staples

Sono is the best sushi in downtown. Coopers BBQ and Big Ed's country cooking are awesome and epitomize the downtown Raleigh restaurant scene. Classic and historic places.

Kanki is a must

Sono is the best sushi in downtown. Coopers BBQ and Big Ed's country cooking are awesome and epitomize the downtown Raleigh restaurant scene. Classic and historic places.
Captain Ds ,best fish in NC

Last edited:

This song came out as I was deploying for Iraq in 2005. At that time, my deployment was supposed to end in Oct 2006. Needless to say, everyone in my unit loved it, and we even turned it into a joke. When ever stupid crap would happen we'd say things like "you know when to wake me up right?" Or "hurry up September"

Back