• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I apologize. I take full responsibility for getting that going. I thought everyone knew he was in timeout and was just making a joke about him getting a weenie tag when he gets back. Apparently most didn't know he was.
It's fine I had no issue with a post or 2 but it was like a page of everyone trying to dig up an answer. My door is always open and I generally respond to pms for almost everyone within a day or 2 at most if anyone has questions or concerns.

It was a rare sub-32 daytime snow event in ATL. I believe it was in upper 20s at onset and plummeted to mid teens by nightfall. Complicated by everyone hitting the roads at same time around lunch.
Traffic in Atlanta is bad even with perfect weather.

Is there some reason the NCEP model data has been slow lately?

@GaWx is our liaison to that group. He's been in constant contact.

Lol. But seriously, I did contact them today and the problem I was asking about was not getting the teleconnection updates the last two days. I was told that has been caused by a CPC system issue (a system that takes model data and produces teleconnection indices) and it should be resolved by Monday. Now if there’s a new issue with slow model output, that would be a different problem that I’m not aware of. The meteorologist had told me the teleconnection problem was totally independent of the model output, itself, which had been running fine when I talked to him this morning.

It was a rare sub-32 daytime snow event in ATL. I believe it was in upper 20s at onset and plummeted to mid teens by nightfall. Complicated by everyone hitting the roads at same time around lunch.

If I'm not mistaken it was 19-22F across the north metro when all that started. When you have full on traffic compacting 2 inches of powder, it turns to a solid sheet of ice almost instantly. All the folks from the north joking about what happened would be in the exact situation without treated roads.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back