• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

You just brought up 2 years with the biggest snows in Charlotte, don’t do this ---- to me Shane, it better snow dude
I don't see any reason to cancel winter or think snow chances are gone at the moment. We just saw how easy it is to snow significantly in the SE as long as cold is around even in a mediocre to bad pattern

Alright buckle down the hatches we got a big 12z suite coming up we wanna see pre 300 hour stuff and ensemble support! Also I might add that although we all hate the long range stuff I feel less iffy about it when all the models agree on the change coming if it was just the Gfs saying cold and snow is coming in 300 hours then I would more sad than usual

Alright buckle down the hatches we got a big 12z suite coming up we wanna see pre 300 hour stuff and ensemble support! Also I might add that although we all hate the long range stuff I feel less iffy about it when all the models agree on the change coming if it was just the Gfs saying cold and snow is coming in 300 hours then I would more sad than usual
Nick your a real life weenie this morning

I love this place. I think there are some fantastic people here. I've learned a lot over the last decade from several of you guys especially during the peak of the AMWX years......but I don't want this place to end up like It did. We should welcome all posters and treat them with respect. I want to see this site GROW. BUT........is this appropriate to say to people

Take your meds , call the VA up I’m sure they got something good for you. Man those Iraqis must have rocked you good .

Comments like this and trolling people will deliver the same fate and scare away good knowledgeable posters.....I'm not naming names but c-mon guys were better than that as a whole and it shouldn't be tolerated.

I love this place. I think there are some fantastic people here. I've learned a lot over the last decade from several of you guys especially during the peak of the AMWX years......but I don't want this place to end up like It did. We should welcome all posters and treat them with respect. I want to see this site GROW. BUT........is this appropriate to say to people

Take your meds , call the VA up I’m sure they got something good for you. Man those Iraqis must have rocked you good .

Comments like this and trolling people will deliver the same fate and scare away good knowledgeable posters.....I'm not naming names but c-mon guys were better than that as a whole and it shouldn't be tolerated.
You tell 'em!!

Was this a response somewhere to you? Did we miss it, if so, that's what the report feature is for, report them and we will deal with it. I must've missed it or either have that person on ignore

Yeah if I recall correctly temps started out quite marginal at the onset but then crashed and by the tail end it was as you said. I just recall 2014 as an event where we had cold entrenched for the entire duration and it made for much mayhem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still dont understand how there was so much chaos in Jan 2014. It was very little snow ( maybe a couple inches) and no ice involved. So it shouldn't have been a big issue.

I still dont understand how there was so much chaos in Jan 2014. It was very little snow ( maybe a couple inches) and no ice involved. So it shouldn't have been a big issue.
It was a rare sub-32 daytime snow event in ATL. I believe it was in upper 20s at onset and plummeted to mid teens by nightfall. Complicated by everyone hitting the roads at same time around lunch.

Back