Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Also, time for a semi-serious question always wanted to ask..

They run the euro in Europe (I assume), which is at least 5-6 hours ahead of us. And the GFS is run here. So why doesn't the 12z euro come out before the 12z GFS?

I figure it's because everything (even over there) is all coordinated/synchronized to US Eastern Standard time. But that would mean if you're in Europe, the 12z comes out at like 5z your time..

Also, time for a semi-serious question always wanted to ask..

They run the euro in Europe (I assume), which is at least 5-6 hours ahead of us. And the GFS is run here. So why doesn't the 12z euro come out before the 12z GFS?

I figure it's because everything (even over there) is all coordinated/synchronized to US Eastern Standard time. But that would mean if you're in Europe, the 12z comes out at like 5z your time..
It's universal time. Doesn't matter what time zone you are in.

Uploaded a video of a chase I did out in the Cascades early in December, it was at the very tail end of our trip and I pushed our flight back one day to make it happen, same place we stayed at last year, but this time we stayed for 2 nights, not 1.

Really just a time series of the 36hrs we were there, I-90 is shut down right now and to dangerous for clearing equipment, so it seemed like a good time to post it. Hope to get a couple more videos up in the coming weeks, Vancouver Island and Whistler area, it had been very wet.

Not expected to reopen until Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myfrotho704_
I learned something tonight.... Not every day that I can say I learned something brand new... Guys pay attention to your appendix. I had pain for 2 days and I thought it was just intestinal pain from some bug. Heck I even worked out hard yesterday and about passed out in the sauna.... Tonight the pain was so unbearable I finally went to the emergency room they said it was on the verge of busting. All that said just keep look over yourself when things like this happen... This was not on my radar and it could have easily been worse because I never go to the hospital because I thought it was a bug. Surgery in the morning hope I'll be back home to harass @Shaggy on the political thread along with @Broken024