• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

In much of the SE, December will end up several degrees warmer than November.

Charlotte is very likely headed to the largest warming from Nov to Dec on record. If they end up with the predicted 52.9 and considering Nov was 49.6, the warming would be 3.3. The strongest warming from Nov to Dec on record is only 2.9 (1956) with 1889’s 2.8 in 2nd and 1984’s 2.2 in 3rd.

The predicted 55.7 at KATL would be 2.8 warmer than November’s 52.9. However, that much warming would put it only in 4th place with 1889’s warming from Nov to Dec of a whopping 5.5!

KSAV’s November to December warming is predicted to be easily the largest on record. The current largest is 1984’s 3.7.
The prediction is for a whopping 4.8!

I keep hoping like a weenie that we’re in a 1984-5 pattern and that January of 2022 will slightly resemble the historic January of 1985 because of how Nov and Dec of 2021 resemble 1984 and also since ENSO is in a very similarly strengthed 2nd year La Niña. But alas, even a slight resemblance to 1985 appears unlikely at this time. But we’ll see. Note I said just slight resemblance.
Awesome info, thanks for sharing this! January can make us all forget about the warm December hopefully. I know I didn’t remember December 2015 being very warm at all until recently. The reason I forgot was that all of middle Tennessee had its biggest snow in years late that January. 6-7 inches was common all across northern middle Tennessee. I got my biggest snow ever at 12 inches from this system. All it takes is one good snow in the southeast to change a winter from good to bad.

How can I get my name into your notebook?
ooh ooh ooh .. Can I be the first name on page 2? PLZ ?

Wow, this sounds suspiciously like Chris Jericho’s list. Hmmmm…

Was out on a little walk. Saw some people climbing back up that cliff.
I'm glad I didn't hang it up and jump a few days ago. I was getting close but wanted to wait until this weekend. It looked really bad the other day with the GOA ridge stuck and the NAO and AO trending positive. The changes we're seeing now around the 3rd or 4th is still in that window most predicted.

Time for Carolina to blow everything up and go on another full rebuild. I didn't expect that the Panthers would win vs the Bucs,but I expected them to be more competitive since most of the Bucs receiver threats were out due to injuries,but nope! Cam Newton is gabage and Sam Doanld is a draft bust. Also the Panthers defense has also been lacking these last several of weeks. Outside of Jacksonville and maybe Detriot,this might the worst team in the NFL,despite of having 5 wins.

Time for Carolina to blow everything up and go on another full rebuild. I didn't expect that the Panthers would win vs the Bucs,but I expected them to be more competitive since most of the Bucs receiver threats were out due to injuries,but nope! Cam Newton is gabage and Sam Doanld is a draft bust. Also the Panthers defense has also been lacking these last several of weeks. Outside of Jacksonville and maybe Detriot,this might the worst team in the NFL,despite of having 5 wins.
At least the Panthers will get a high draft pick.

Back