• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

So far this year I've earned $3500 on my Capital One Spark Business card. No balances carried. Paid in full every month. The card has an annual fee of $95.

Let's say I only pay the minimum next month on my credit card statement which is about $1000, at ~1.5% per month (18% annual) I would be charged ~$15.

So $3500-95 annual charge - 15 interest charge would leave me in the black at $3390.

So 1 month, 1 day late would not wipe out what I've done through 8+ months this year.

You are right the credit card company has made money off of my card, but it's not from me, it's from all the swipes that card has done at businesses. I have made a lot of money of Capital One over the years, but I'm sure for every one of me there are 20 who aren't like me where the odds tip back into Capital One's favor.

I say all of this as a Dave Ramsey disciple. I used his principles to pay off my house in 14 years on a 30 year loan. I paid off my commercial real estate in 5 years on a 15 year note. He doesn't recommend credit cards, but I guarantee you he has several in his wallet that he uses....responsibly.

I should point out that the daily interest is calculated on the whole balance over 30 days, and not just the minimum amount due, So To have earned 3500 off 2% (the highest cash back of any sparks business card), you would have had to run $175,000 through your card, (this includes payments as well) The monthly average for you is then $21 in transactions. So your daily interest is $10 a day at 18% annual.

hope this Walmart monitor will allow me to do the weather I want live radar outside back patio for weather parties 29F00684-E4C5-4407-82B7-C9B81A83E90B.jpeg

Completed the Half and wife did a 5k (she walked mostly, hates running lol). Canal trail here is beautiful but brutal

View attachment 91531
That's awesome man. Congrats! You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!

I have missed running this week. Was at the beach last week and picked up something. Came home with a nasty virus...fever for 5 days and congestion and coughing. Had 3 different Covid tests, including 2 PCRs and all were negative. Whatever it was has had me on the couch or in bed for a week.

Gonna attend a Stl Cardinals game late next week while on vacay visiting family. Majority are in rural farming communities.
Not to jinx….. But, 14 W in a row. :D
I told people over a month ago that when the padres were collapsing that it would be STL and not Cincinnati they’d have to worry about. The cardinals are always playing there best at the right time. I’m a huge Padres fan but only wish the organization was even a quarter as good as the cardinals are. Sd is going to continue to let that idiot GM run the team even though he has no winning seasons except for the fake season last year. Manny and tatis will split within 2-3 seasons. Hell tatis will probably be a cardinal by his prime.

I have missed running this week. Was at the beach last week and picked up something. Came home with a nasty virus...fever for 5 days and congestion and coughing. Had 3 different Covid tests, including 2 PCRs and all were negative. Whatever it was has had me on the couch or in bed for a week.
RSV? Had a coworker with that couple weeks ago, said it was rough

I told people over a month ago that when the padres were collapsing that it would be STL and not Cincinnati they’d have to worry about. The cardinals are always playing there best at the right time. I’m a huge Padres fan but only wish the organization was even a quarter as good as the cardinals are. Sd is going to continue to let that idiot GM run the team even though he has no winning seasons except for the fake season last year. Manny and tatis will split within 2-3 seasons. Hell tatis will probably be a cardinal by his prime.
Cardinals have a great history. 2nd most WS titles in MLB. Also. you never see the Cardinals have a really bad year. Even in their bad years, they are usually a decent team.

So you went to Myrtle!???

RSV? Had a coworker with that couple weeks ago, said it was rough
You know i wondered about that. It was the only thing that made sense to me out of the various things I read about. And my sister did have her 1 year old down there snotting and coughing all over everyone. My mom and sister got the same thing.

Back