• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Am I the only one here that thought the 00z/06z suite was really great?

That SER is relatively weak, with cold air available to tap into. This is really not a bad pattern for overrunning potential as those systems typically involve a minimal SER.
45DC6632-4678-4793-B52F-E507F8B25F27.png

That SER is relatively weak, with cold air available to tap into. This is really not a bad pattern for overrunning potential as those systems typically involve a minimal SER.
View attachment 98583

Looks great for me in New Mexico

That was an interesting read. Thanks!
That was an interesting read, in fact, that land would be interesting to metal detect (although would be extremely challenging) but to think of some of the artifacts from the "outlaw" days.

As much as I want to complain, I can't. Our area has had 15" of snow since 2017, though most of it was in 2017-18. We only had .5" last year, but it snowed 6 different days.

2017-18: 12"
2018-19: T
2019-20: 2.5"
2020-21: .5"

Last edited:

View attachment 98583
This is a twofold issue.

1, it's 384 hours out, so theres that working against us
2. it's 384 hours out, and the best we can get is "Cold is close to tap into..." and "minimal SER".

It's like when you're 16 and even in your fantasies she tells you "lets just be friends"

We didn't even get to ski. Got there the night before and then there was like 3 feet of snow in the morning and everything shut down. My dad said ---- it were going home.

The unprecedented chance to get 3' of snow and you couldn't even enjoy it, that is awful.

GA got totally screwed on this and the border with TN..
Good thing too! That land is filled with mountains and waterfalls . Had Georgia got it , none of it would have been protected and we would have had Atlanta rich folks crawling in with neighborhoods everywhere same way you see the development crawling into the Georgia mountains . That region today is state parks and federal land .

Good thing too! That land is filled with mountains and waterfalls . Had Georgia got it , none of it would have been protected and we would have had Atlanta rich folks crawling in with neighborhoods everywhere same way you see the development crawling into the Georgia mountains . That region today is state parks and federal land .
Tell that to Highlands, NC....

You need to move out west where there's less people and the government owns a lot of land that's vacant. You'd like that.

Back