• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

The more I read the more I realize the less we know about what index we need for a winter storm.
This is easy. East based -EPO/southwest based -NAO/upward trending -QBO/-AO/slightly positive PNA/west based weak El Nino/MJO phase 8/1 border with an active STJ. Money.

0Z CFS is quite warm for pretty much the entire run as well. While it changes every run I do think models are starting to agree more and more with warmer times ahead through December into early January. A lot can change though

From what I could see the EPS wasn’t bad for cold at least for the Carolinas at the end of the run
See if you would've posted that initially instead of a comment that was just trying to provoke a response, then you wouldn't get labeled as a troll.

No it’s because I wasn’t super sure if it was a good look or not. So I wanted someone’s expertise on it
Ok let's say that is exactly what you were doing. Here's the issue: 1) you've made too many torch, golf, heat, warmth comments that truly were provoking responses making it difficult to discern an actual serious inquiry later and 2) you should've posted the image and said something like, " serious question, would this be a cold, warm or average look for the SE, I'm trying to learn"

Ok let's say that is exactly what you were doing. Here's the issue: 1) you've made too many torch, golf, heat, warmth comments that truly were provoking responses making it difficult to discern an actual serious inquiry later and 2) you should've posted the image and said something like, " serious question, would this be a cold, warm or average look for the SE, I'm trying to learn"
Okay sounds good ?

I hate the MJO. Also I hate the PAC. I think it’s time we start controlling the weather like we did with hurricane Sandy.
Oh boy . Well I was gon post this last night . Here ya go. China used cloud seeding deliver clear skies on the centennial celebration of the CCP. Bill gates is also a very large investor in a Harvard project working on dimming the sun.

Back