• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Need a @Lickwx type ice storm, the biggest one ever
nah ice storms tend to kill trees. He would be sad.
Depends , I’ll sacrifice some trees as they are tough if In turn I brake the states bank account with damages from the epic ice storm . Knock the power out , clear the skies and I get the most epic stargazing . Halt all development for a year , bring in a massive tornado outbreak in spring followed by a very bad hurricane season in the fall. Yeah North Carolina would finally be on the right track in such a scenario . Also , there’s a lot more trees than money . I like trees more than money therefore I’m happier than you :). It’s a win .

God I want all the power to go out for one clear night so I can stargaze !

Last edited:
Speaking of trees , my favorite tree. I named it Olivia, well for now I really don’t got a good name for it . I love this tree , it’s my absolute favorite tree on earth . I visited it today, no pictures today so here is some of it in the summer .

EEBDF9B3-C109-4C89-A3A4-A04ACD3D5158.jpeg

AC0A6DD0-5733-4C6A-9CDA-75F3CC9EA935.jpegDA6316A7-3D2F-4516-B8C1-D1329474895E.jpeg

Good place for a house.
There’s some along the water not far from . The state park is too small at only some 1600 acres .Either way , one bad hurricane and those houses go poof. That tree though, hundreds of years old. There’s even some wooden planks marking some unmarked graves , people buried hundreds of years ago. They will stand but not the homes.

@Thor stay away! I saw your like ! I know your itching to buy a home there don’t lie ! I know your dreaming of a subdivision plan out there .

Storm5 must have a crush on me since he is still using my avatar in my honor.

Nah I'm not a believer in coastal development in a place like that. They are always just rentals.
Wilmington’s in bad shape , saw the town council keeps having to deny some projects that would have to backfill along the cape fear and what not . Along river road . Development in very bad spots is not going to end well. It’s been 20+ years since Wilmington got a real hurricane . Plus that area is all service industry and retirees. Washington NC is my favorite coastal town , alongside a few others . New Bern is going to get wilmingtoned with I-42 . That area used to be pretty cut off , I mean its an overall declining area still but we will see.

Back