• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Working on a winter storm potential prediction map tonight - I'll release it here with further details. (I promise I'll keep my predictions more realistic, unlike Doncane 1.0, lol)
If your predicting a winter storm already it's really not more realistic. Might as well go for doncane 2.0, go big or go

The following post is a discussion of a possible winter storm - the predicted timing of the storm is between the 19th - 22nd. It's still too early to know exact details, but I have drew out a basic map of the initial setup leading up to the possible winter storm. As it's still early, the questions come to me of two possible scenarios - whether a (nearly) stalled front would slowly progress southeast and overrunning of frozen precipitation develops further towards the southeastern US and no actual low pressure.

Or scenario 2. - A possible low pressure develops on the tail end of the stalled front and eventually the stalled front would dissipate as the low begins strengthening. It's possible that the front sags further to the southeast before the actual low kicks out. I think the best scenario would be scenario 2 because it's likely that the eastern ridge would dissipate/push offshore as a mesoscale PV progresses east in Canada/US boarder while a trough comes into place at the same time in relation of the mesoscale PV. The low would develop on the tail end of the boundary due to colder air meeting with the warmer air causing upward motion of air.

That's all what I have for now, more details to follow as this prediction is evolving...MapLayout.jpg

Lol wtf Mexico and Texas mexico line gets snow for several days in a row. Smh1282A115-847B-4C64-B4BE-139E7BDB8D3E.png

Well, the 0z GFS ending up being relative to my prediction of the winter storm I'm excited about it.

Last edited:
Back