• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Doncane 2.0

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png
Lol, there may not be a Doncane 2.0 but interesting times ahead though. It's still too early to know whether or not a storm system would produce within the suggested time frame, but I will be working on that over the next 3 days.

Lol, there may not be a Doncane 2.0 but interesting times ahead though. It's still too early to know whether or not a storm system would produce within the suggested time frame, but I will be working on that over the next 3 days.

There's absolutely no reason to try and predict individual storm systems at 300 hr. You should only be looking at planetary-scale features on ensemble means at this range

There's absolutely no reason to try and predict individual storm systems at 300 hr. You should only be looking at planetary-scale features on ensemble means at this range
Would only be keeping a watch on features that could trigger/produce a storm - not individual storm(s) on the OP models. Waiting 3 days till I initiate a storm prediction (depending on if any features that could trigger a storm) because in 3 days, the 17th - 22nd time frame would be within the 5-10 day range. Personally, I like to watch for storm signals/features prior of 5-7 days (prior to an official 5-7 day forecast) because I like to watch for consistency with features to help with the official 5-7 day forecast as that comes within time.

Back