• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Don’t worry I’m still hurt about yesterday’s loss too. I’m telling you bro it’s rigged , this is how they suck in viewers. They know the entire solar system is sick of Alabama so to make it interesting they have Alabama win to get them in , that way they get Georgia and Alabama to play the finals . It’s all for money .

Nah the 2017/2018 CFP final actually had very low viewership iirc (I think LSU/Bama 2011 is similar here, even though at that point, we hadn't fully progressed to the amount of Bama fatigue that there is now). People elsewhere are sick and tired of it being SEC SEC SEC.

Honestly, like I said in the other thread, I can't do it. I'm not watching January 10th even if Georgia wins. Throw everything typical out the window here, including the fact that it is hard to beat a good team twice in one year if two matchups happen, Saban is Kirby's daddy.

The ONLY reason why Georgia has an SEC Championship with Kirby is because Auburn beat Alabama in 2017. THAT is where it is hard to beat a good team twice in one year applied.

It won't on January 10th if there is a rematch. Just trust me on this one.

May as well not even play the games to be honest.

Yea I don’t hate. I guess I just don’t understand. If my avg temp is 58 and it’s 65 I guess that doesn’t feel like a torch but might be by definition.
I don't remember a winter when we never torched. It's all very normal.

Last edited:
CFS says pattern change right before Christmas. Here's Christmas Eve:
View attachment 96956
Edit: of course this is still so far out, and the CFS, that I wouldn't dare put this in the regular discussion thread.

That shark has already been jumped making it open season there for the CFS. The problem is that maps during the next 15 days are mainly bleak (for cold lovers). If we can’t post CFS maps, which themselves are usually bleak, we can’t post anything halfway decent showing a pattern change.

Posting this in the thread since I'm elaborating on the CFSv2. I was discussing about the frontal system for around the 12th that could bring snowfall and I'm adding further thoughts based from the CFSv2. It does show cooling at 850mb as wet adiabatic lapse rate occurs just behind the front. There's also some confluence occuring as well, which I did discuss about last night in the post in the main thread. It's still too early to know what happens with this system. The OP models are still changing on each run for this particular system.
b4adb9df274190ad84e8b50a2d656125.jpg

That shark has already been jumped making it open season there for the CFS. The problem is that maps during the next 15 days are mainly bleak (for cold lovers). If we can’t post CFS maps, which themselves are usually bleak, we can’t post anything halfway decent showing a pattern change.
So, it's warm. It might just stay that way. Well might. Or the light switch may flip. Or the light switch might have a dimmer control and things might change gradually. So, it's warm and it might get cool or cold, or it might not ... at least we're here to feel it ... that in and of itself is a blessing from above ...

... and Larry, this is not directed at you at all ... just using your post as a vehicle ... ?

Back