• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Yes, 100%. Let it get cold up there and let the snow pack build up. We have 3.5 months ahead of us to get cold and snow, plus a few days before that window opens up. There are going to be many model runs, like there are every single winter, that show reds over the SE. What's the big deal? People are way too scared of LA Ninas.

Will it ever get cold again? No. No it won't. The Pacific will never be favorable. Or the Atlantic. Or the MJO. Or the stratosphere. Or ENSO. Or Climate Change. We're in a 2nd year Nina. Ninas are front loaded, you know. And since there's so much red being posted for the foreseeable future, we should just assume that we're going to be wall to wall warm. Oh well. On to winter 20156.
Fixed

As unofficial forum mod I would like to say all of you are in the wrong here . Mods should not have entertained Webber’s rants . Wrong thread ! I issue a 7 day ban from the main thread on rain cold , Webber , Tennessee storm , metwannabe , I will not give Shane a ban though because he has stuck his neck out for me . He gets a strike though! Birdman will take over rain colds and metwannabe duties as mod in their absence .
Rain Cold (moderator) (Yesterday @ 934pm) "Yes, 100%. Let it get cold up there and let the snow pack build up. We have 3.5 months ahead of us to get cold and snow, plus a few days before that window opens up. There are going to be many model runs, like there are every single winter, that show reds over the SE. What's the big deal? People are way too scared of LA Ninas.

Will it ever get cold again? No. No it won't. The Pacific will never be favorable. Or the Atlantic. Or the MJO. Or the stratosphere. Or ENSO. Or Climate Change. We're in a 2nd year Nina. Ninas are front loaded, you know. And since there's so much red being posted for the foreseeable future, we should just assume that we're going to be wall to wall warm. Oh well. On to winter 2056."

The idea of having a civil discussion with anyone about climate change has not crossed my mind in many years. Even after becoming one of the few "experts", getting an a BS in met and an MS in climate science, I gave up a long time before that trying to convince people of its existence. No matter how much undeniable scientific evidence you throw at someone, if it doesn't align with their political beliefs, it's a totally lost cause.

The idea of having a civil discussion with anyone about climate change has not crossed my mind in many years. Even after becoming one of the few "experts", getting an a BS in met and an MS in climate science, I gave up a long time before that trying to convince people of its existence. No matter how much undeniable scientific evidence you throw at someone, if it doesn't align with their political beliefs, it's a totally lost cause.
I feel like a lot of people are willing to acknowledge climate change. But I also feel like the disconnect is to the cause and/or how much of the change is related to humans. Politicians and media are largely to blame for this, IMO.

But yet your 6000th post relating to Jan 00 was allowed to stay. Hmm
Ahhh i remmeber Jan 2000, I was in Durham and had just gotten mugged. I was sad because I thought those guys were my friends. I told them I listened to Vanilla Ice, my favorite rapper. I had just gotten on the bus, then the bus broke down, and I pissed my pants because we were in the hood of Durham at night, I called my mom and she was pissed I tell ya, she whooped my ass even.

Pretty sure that is his jan 2000 story, a bus, Durham, breaks down. somin like that.

Ahhh i remmeber Jan 2000, I was in Durham and had just gotten mugged. I was sad because I thought those guys were my friends. I told them I listened to Vanilla Ice, my favorite rapper. I had just gotten on the bus, then the bus broke down, and I pissed my pants because we were in the hood of Durham at night, I called my mom and she was pissed I tell ya, she whooped my ass even.

Pretty sure that is his jan 200 story, a bus, Durham, breaks down. somin like that.

No, that wasn't the story, but keep being a ----.

But yet your 6000th post relating to Jan 00 was allowed to stay. Hmm

Actually, I made a post about the Christmas 2010 storm. But whatever. Just think a couple of mods here are really rigid when it comes to some posts. They can't take any type of humor but will let people argue.

Back