• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Any lawn masters out there? When should I put down pre emergent in fall to stop weeds that grow in feb/mar? I have Bermuda grass.

I don’t agree with “it will be very hard to pull an OTS track”. A strong storm will feel any influence greatly to bend north and climo suggests a recurve at some point. This is just another non-zero chance storm that could impact more land areas imo. The only surprise I’m seeing is that people are using the euro again after bashing it for quiet some time. The GFS is a different solution but I could see a compromise further west maybe even dangerously further west but who knows. Will be nice tracking a long track hurricane again.
What I see problematic is that it’s current state of health (lack of convection) is allowing it to miss influences to the north to cause recurvature. I swear sometimes these things almost know when to hold back…just to survive long enough to make it this far west before rapidly intensifying.
Take a look at 2021 tracks so far. The winds are funneling all these storms into the exact same area (perhaps the euro is too far north and we will see some mountain interaction come into play in a few runs). Largely a food for thought post but no Hugo like tracks have been seen so far this year thankfully! View attachment 91182

Holy ----. I'm proud of you BMan.

Interesting storms forming s/w of Hickory NC out ahead of the main line we may need to watch these as they move into the northern Piedmont of NC later.

Back