• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

November 2008 was fun. I remember a car topper event late that month the week before Thanksgiving. There was also a day with tiny flakes a few days before with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the 40s.

November 12, 2013 had the earliest snow I ever remember seeing in this area. The same exact day 6 years later had a brief sleet shower here.

November 2008 was fun. I remember a car topper event late that month the week before Thanksgiving. There was also a day with tiny flakes a few days before with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the 40s.

November 12, 2013 had the earliest snow I ever remember seeing in this area. The same exact day 6 years later had a brief sleet shower here.
I remembered not to miss that last one in 2019 lol. Will need to look at what happened in Nov 2008 when I get to it
1635454232180.png

Winter forecasts would make more sense if it was like ( one winter storm is possible) vs trying to predict an amount). I would like a forecast to be like 3 dustings possible with one winter storm. Imagine how easier it would be for Raleigh and Charlotte. Either 0 or 1. Thoughts on communication improvement @Webberweather53

Definitely going to replace graphics like these once I finish up the archive of winter events. The numbers look a little inflated at first glance

1635454355550.png

2nd day in a row highs in the low 70s here, wall to wall sunshine/not a cloud in the sky and dews in the lower 20s. Gives dry air a whole new meaning

Definitely going to replace graphics like these once I finish up the archive of winter events. The numbers look a little inflated at first glance

View attachment 93913
They definitely appear inflated to me Webb, especially in recent times such as 1990 to today. Outside of 1988, it seemed the 80s didnt have a lot of snow, but it sure had its share of cold weather.

They definitely appear inflated to me Webb, especially in recent times such as 1990 to today. Outside of 1988, it seemed the 80s didnt have a lot of snow, but it sure had its share of cold weather.
The 80s were honestly one of the snowier decades we’ve seen since the beginning of the 20th century lol rip

The 80s were honestly one of the snowier decades we’ve seen since the beginning of the 20th century lol rip
1988 worked out for my area. I remember a lot in the late 70s and 1986 thru 1988. Now that I think about it, there were some nice moments, and some brutal cold shots that I hope we can get again before I croak.

Back