• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get political, but Facebook and Twitter censoring the NYP article is crazy(it’s true I tried it) yet how many other things that are not flagged are on there.

I would have never given the original story much credibility, but the censorship alone has me thinking it could be true.
Yeah, the issue with censorship is, why does Facebook and Twitter have the power to control the information we get? Very slippery slope.

Kids these days will never know how great TWC and MTV once were. Sad.
If you like everything TWC classic, the following YouTube channels have so much awesome content: Publisher73, The Weather Chazz, El Tiempo, and VideoRewind, especially the first 2. All you could ever want.

Anyone watching AEW tonight? One year anniversary show of Dynamite. It's been great so far.

TWC was what got me so into the weather as a kid. I was always at my grandparents house as a kid and they always had it on. Sad to see how much they have fallen over the years.
My grandparents had it on also that's where I was exposed to weather. Way back in the day they used to have the 30-day forecast as part of the locals on the 8s. I remember I always looked for below normal Temps even back then.

I loved the 7 day business planner at 20 after! Especially in the winter and watching for snow and ice! Always watching TX and looking for the pink or white shading! Ahhhh the good ole days, when we used to get winter storms and didn’t have to rely on clippers for snow! ?

Just a friendly reminder, please do not comment in the archive thread without any model information/maps. You are free to quote a post somewhere else just to keep things organized. Please re-read the rules in the first post. If any staff member wants to move the posts, feel free.

Thanks in advance,
Ollie Williams

Just a friendly reminder, please do not comment in the archive thread without any model information/maps. You are free to quote a post somewhere else just to keep things organized. Please re-read the rules in the first post. If any staff member wants to move the posts, feel free.

Thanks in advance,
Ollie Williams
I think that was me my friend. My bad

Battle zone. This will make the 35th straight year.

Yep, how can a forecast of “battle zone” ever be wrong since it really doesn’t say anything specific? That’s why all of these folks have that as the “forecast” every year. It is a can’t go wrong non-forecast. If I go back and look at the last 100 winters, I could say every winter had a wx battle of some sort depending on how I wanted to interpret that vague term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back