• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't bother me in the slightest. but then, I actually like baseball.. lol Just happy we're getting games at all this year.
I love baseball. There’s nothing like going to a braves baseball game and sitting in front of the Chophouse. Man, it gives me the chills just thinking about it.

Hopefully the Braves start getting wins vs the Rays. Go similarly to 2019, except faster.

(I hope I get proven wrong about writing off tomorrow)

Glad to be proven wrong at least for now here. William Contreras getting his first big league hit earlier than I anticipated is a look on the bright side 2020 thing.

(he, unlike Jackson, is a real prospect, I just wouldn't consider him to be quite ready but it has to feel great to contribute for him)

Glad to be proven wrong at least for now here. William Contreras getting his first big league hit earlier than I anticipated is a look on the bright side 2020 thing.

(he, unlike Jackson, is a real prospect, I just wouldn't consider him to be quite ready but it has to feel great to contribute for him)
Dunno, Jackson has some serious power/pop... all fields in triple A. That may or may not translate to the Big Show.

What is with Georgia and rhyming names for minor league baseball teams ? The Macon bacon and Savannah bananas . Nobody got nothing on the Mudcats! We even had a cameo in the movie space jam!

Before COVID-19, there were a plan in works to bring a minor league team to Newnan.

I can't think of anything that rhymes with Newnan...

So Covid caused them to change their plans ?

At the very least, it delayed them indefinitely becauae of the uncertainty with crowd gatherings in the forseeable future.

Minor leagues are different from the MLB in that they rely much more heavily on "AIS" (asses in seat) in order to remain profitable.

Newnan was probably already a stretch any way given its low population density.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back