• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this social experiment of ours there are wishcasters bittercasters and very few in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a roller coaster of emotions since Sunday with regards to basketball. First, the awful news about Kobe, his daughter, and the others getting killed in the helicopter crash. Kobe was my second favorite player to watch after Jordan.

And then last night my daughter's basketball team that I coach lost by 2 points. And my son's team that I also coach had a game right afterwards, and we won by 1 point to go undefeated for the regular season and win the division championship.

And then I got home and was shocked to see my Tar Heels beat State.

Absolutely always love the 18Z GFS at the very end of its run ...

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.59.24 PM.png

Now really back to work ...

I have had a roller coaster of emotions since Sunday with regards to basketball. First, the awful news about Kobe, his daughter, and the others getting killed in the helicopter crash. Kobe was my second favorite player to watch after Jordan.

And then last night my daughter's basketball team that I coach lost by 2 points. And my son's team that I also coach had a game right afterwards, and we won by 1 point to go undefeated for the regular season and win the division championship.

And then I got home and was shocked to see my Tar Heels beat State.
You should be disappointed unc didn't beat state by more. The worst 2 coaches in the acc reside in Raleigh right now and yow strapped us to some terrible contracts. Not sure what is generating more anger and apathy state athletics or winter

My son is a sensitive, emotional kid. He loves snow. Been looking out the window every morning hoping and praying. He’s disappointed so far. I’m planning to go to the mountains mid month. I sure hope he sees something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be disappointed unc didn't beat state by more. The worst 2 coaches in the acc reside in Raleigh right now and yow strapped us to some terrible contracts. Not sure what is generating more anger and apathy state athletics or winter
KKIAW!

He can win a nice flaming bag of dog ---- on his front porch from me. Unwilling to change defense when we are getting scorched off the dribble and UNC is a putrid 3pt shooting team. We run 1 offense, if whoever sets the high screen doesn't get open on the roll to the basket then we just dribble for 20 more seconds and throw up off balance 3's. Garbage

He can win a nice flaming bag of dog poop on his front porch from me. Unwilling to change defense when we are getting scorched off the dribble and UNC is a putrid 3pt shooting team. We run 1 offense, if whoever sets the high screen doesn't get open on the roll to the basket then we just dribble for 20 more seconds and throw up off balance 3's. Garbage
That's pretty much it. He isn't going to run any sort of set half court offense. Run and gun and screen and roll. There doesn't seem to be a focus on fundamentals (rebounding, for instance), and there doesn't appear to be very much player development. I guess you can blame things on this being his 3rd year or him not having all of his players, if you want to. But there are many coaches out there that do much more with less than we have. Next year, we have a good recruiting class. If by the end of next season we have made no progress, I think you can safely throw in the towel on the KK era.

That's pretty much it. He isn't going to run any sort of set half court offense. Run and gun and screen and roll. There doesn't seem to be a focus on fundamentals (rebounding, for instance), and there doesn't appear to be very much player development. I guess you can blame things on this being his 3rd year or him not having all of his players, if you want to. But there are many coaches out there that do much more with less than we have. Next year, we have a good recruiting class. If by the end of next season we have made no progress, I think you can safely throw in the towel on the KK era.
His style of play is great for high school and mid major levels where you can out athlete the other team. It's not going to work in the acc unless you are pulling in top 5 classes on the reg. If I ever hit the mega millions I'll pay the buy out for keatts and doeren but we would probably end up with 2 bigger idiots

His style of play is great for high school and mid major levels where you can out athlete the other team. It's not going to work in the acc unless you are pulling in top 5 classes on the reg. If I ever hit the mega millions I'll pay the buy out for keatts and doeren but we would probably end up with 2 bigger idiots
Yeah that's the problem. Our admin is incompetent when it comes to bringing in real coaches. Just can't get it done.

Yeah that's the problem. Our admin is incompetent when it comes to bringing in real coaches. Just can't get it done.
Maybe since Yow is out things will change, I doubt it.

Not going to lie, I often wonder if we had kept OBrien and Gottfried would we be as bad today?

Maybe since Yow is out things will change, I doubt it.

Not going to lie, I often wonder if we had kept OBrien and Gottfried would we be as bad today?
Yes. We would. And we would likely be in NCAA trouble in Bball.

I'm not sure Yow being gone is going to make much of a difference. I am not too impressed with this Boo guy.

Ok guys. I'm leaving for Gatlinburg sunday and will be there through Friday. At first it was looking good. Looks like I'll be sweating in the 60's. Ugh! Any chance its wrong?

Ok guys. I'm leaving for Gatlinburg sunday and will be there through Friday. At first it was looking good. Looks like I'll be sweating in the 60's. Ugh! Any chance its wrong?
Looks like the cold will be arriving just as you’re leaving. I’m cancelling my trip to beech mt on the 15th too. It’s really, really over and not just outside of the mountains.

Looks like the cold will be arriving just as you’re leaving. I’m cancelling my trip to beech mt on the 15th too. It’s really, really over and not just outside of the mountains.
You know if you cancel your trip...that's when it will snow! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back