• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that I moved to SW michigan over the summer for career reasons but given the dud that just happened in regards to this upcoming storm (had like 8-16 inches forecasted for my area up until yesterday morning) is proof that even if you leave the south... the south busts will follow you lol

or i guess i just needa stop looking at model storm projections greater than 72 hours out. but i cant.

I’m from Marquette in the UP.

They would have beat Clemson with Trevor. The defense was like a sieve that night. They made Ian Book look like Tom Brady.
Notre Dame gets into CFP and I think they will give Alabama all they want, and then some. As much as it pains me to say this, the Irish just might (gulp) win it all.

Notre Dame gets into CFP and I think they will give Alabama all they want, and then some. As much as it pains me to say this, the Irish just might (gulp) win it all.

ND’s defense is still suspect. The way to stop Notre Dame is shut down the running game and force Ian Book into passing situations. Stack the box. When they’re in passing situations run a cover 2 and don’t allow the receivers to break free off the line and find that seam between the linebackers and safety. If they do that, switch to a cover 1 with the free safety over the top and the strong safety playing the soft zone between the second and third layers. Once again, your corners have to jam the receivers off the line and not allow them to break free so quickly. Ian Book cannot beat you on his own. His play is predicated by the running game. Clemson allowed them to establish the run right away and then the RPO was forcing the linebackers into run stop mode and the corners didn’t jam the receivers off the line. That allowed several big throws down the sideline. Ian Book needs to be pressured every time he drops back and at least 75% of those rushes he needs to be hit or hurried. That’s how you stop their offense.

To beat the Notre Dame defense you have to be committed to the run. Get the running game established and get into play action. Once that happens, the linebackers are crowding the line to stop the run. Play action freezes them and allows your slot receivers to hit quick 10-15 yard crossing routes underneath the safeties.

tOSU isn’t as good as people think. Their offense is great with Fields, but the defense has trouble with mobile QB’s. Alabama hasn’t shown any weaknesses with the exception of the Ole Miss game where the gave up 48, but I attribute that to Lane Kiffin knowing the defense. The Tide have a great offense. Clemson is still a top four team.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure that they put Ohio State in the playoffs anymore. It's very unlikely that they're going to be allowed to play next week either (the Big 10's rules are crazy), so they are likely going to be ineligible for the Big 10 championship.

Even if they are undefeated (which they will be), I feel like they're not going to put them in when they've only played 5 games.

Texas A&M might actually get in if they don't screw this up, and they could also use this "different" year to put in a Go5 team to let them get smacked, so we can all say "see! we shouldn't ever consider Go5 teams for the playoffs!"

I'm officially stating for the first time ever in my life that I think that I like summer better than winter ... I don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe I'm too lazy for what it takes in winter but I miss daily thunderstorms and flip-flops.. I'm sure soon as it Snows I'll change my mind.

I'm officially stating for the first time ever in my life that I think that I like summer better than winter ... I don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe I'm too lazy for what it takes in winter but I miss daily thunderstorms and flip-flops.. I'm sure soon as it Snows I'll change my mind.
You are getting old. The older people get, the more they prefer warm weather.

Yeah no I don’t think I would ever prefer summer over winter........

It’s that low country South Carolina , Charleston sc beachy subtropical vibe. 60s all winter down there pretty much ! Plus all the palms , the tropical Caribbean style pastel colored homes . Really makes you long for some warm weather , just fits the scenery and region your in. Who said you can’t wear flip flops now though! I’m in shorts year round pretty much .

Depends on where you live. If I lived very far north and certainly in a place like Alaska, I would most certainly prefer summer. In the south, I prefer winter.
I agree but there is absolutely nothing to enjoy about summer except maybe going to the beach and all that but besides that summer just sucks

It’s that low country South Carolina , Charleston sc beachy subtropical vibe. 60s all winter down there pretty much ! Plus all the palms , the tropical Caribbean style pastel colored homes . Really makes you long for some warm weather , just fits the scenery and region your in. Who said you can’t wear flip flops now though! I’m in shorts year round pretty much .
I'm in Charlotte right now so I guess that's why I'm thinking that

There's baseball in summer and I love baseball. Also women tend to wear less clothing in summer, which could be good or bad depending on the woman ?
I’d enjoy baseball more if the Braves didn’t choke in the playoffs like they did against the dodgers in the NLCS..... it was 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back