• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mods , can I get a raise please ? Y’all wanted more members from other places . I got y’all a guy from Miami and my other buddy from Portland should have joined . Apparently he couldn’t make it past the captcha though .

For this next system I've looked at Linville/Grandfather Mountain and Blowing Rock area. It appears the Clingman's Dome area has the best shot. Is route 441 a road anyone on here has driven? Going up to the pass on it.
If there’s a significant threat of ice on 441 around there they’ll close it in a heartbeat

I've actually never been to Raleigh
It’s different a bit than Atlanta and Charlotte . Large land grant university ( NCSU) , seems to be more large parks and outdoor activities than both cities as well. Definitely way way way more than Charlotte , our trail system is millions of light years ahead of charlottes . You can walk all over Raleigh and it’s suburbs using the trail system . Think our food scene punches far above its weight as well, many restaurants rank nationally here . Small downtown in comparison to both , Raleigh as a city only began to really grow in the early 2000s and late 90s. Much later than Charlotte and much much later than Atlanta . We also held on to our historic sites way better than Charlotte with many historic sites unlike Charlotte which bulldozed them all. I guess way to describe Raleigh is a small town feel in a medium sized city , that’s how i hear transplants describe it . Also most new movers to Raleigh are from North Carolina believe it or not as opposed to out of state which is the case in Atlanta and Charlotte .

Other than that , can’t think of much that’s different . We have nice large lakes surrounded by thousands of acres of forest instead of houses . There is that!

This is it, the one, and exactly how I feel, i miss waking up, going out to the pool, then getting some food, then setting my camera up, taking pictures of afternoon/evening storms (sometimes all the way past midnight) then getting on the PS4 after, I miss those days
Man! Enjoy that while you can. Mine is wake up 2 hours before sunrise and drive somewhere in Atlanta. Work until 5 or so and drive back (thank God for the express lanes). Say hey to the kids and feed the animals. Cook supper, put the kids to bed and fall asleep on the couch until bed time. Things change fast.

Man! Enjoy that while you can. Mine is wake up 2 hours before sunrise and drive somewhere in Atlanta. Work until 5 or so and drive back (thank God for the express lanes). Say hey to the kids and feed the animals. Cook supper, put the kids to bed and fall asleep on the couch until bed time. Things change fast.
That is nuts , it’s crazy you have to get up so early for work . You’re pretty far out from Atlanta , combined with traffic I see why.

Wow. That sounds like a horrible way to live. But if you are happy that's all that matters.

I’m with you. Pre Covid I drive to Atlanta everyday. Thankfully I can leave town around 3 or so so traffic is only about 1 1/2 hrs in the afternoon.

I don't know how people can handle the crazy Atlanta traffic.
I just turned down a job transfer to Atlanta where I would be driving around North Georgia all day long in and out of Atlanta... I rather make less money than deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back