• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I made a final decision tonight that will affect me and my family for the rest of my life. I hopeful I made the right decision. I decided to leave dish network where I was one of the top techs and took a new job going to work as a fiber tech for google internet. I did take a little pay cut for starting out but it will equal out for all the driving I wasn’t getting paid for. I feel like the dish industry was fading to a point it is like the titanic. I also feel like the internet fiber industry is going to be the future for the communication industry. I also kinda felt under appreciated for the past 3 to 4 months where I was having to drive almost 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours just to get to my first job and going home where I wasn’t getting paid at all. Then once week on Thursday I would have to be up at 3:30 am and go the office where I wasn’t getting paid no time. So on Thursday I was working close to 6 hours before I was getting paid on the clock. I did try to tell management my concern and felt blown off. But they just ignore me till it was to late. I am excited about my new job opportunity and just wanted to share with everyone.
Congrats man and good luck on the new gig!!

How's the Fubotv trial going? We're ready to kick satellite to the curb. We don't have cable so we've been back and forth between Dish and DirecTV for years, sick of both. Looking at YouTube TV or Hulu live

Look up Smarters IPTV. I get it on my Fire TV. $40 a year and over 2,000 channels, all Pay Channels (HBO etc) live sports from all over the world (love watching Australian Rules Football) plus channels from other countries all over the world. Channels with full seasons of your favorite tv shows.

Good thing the sky’s need healing in western nc from all the rain this year and sent those two hurricanes packing!!

It would take several weeks if not month of lesser rains or two to get a strong tropical system to hurt this region

Maybe September should be Sizzlin' September, as an attempt to reverse jinx so we can have a semi-decent September.

Running over a nail is a great way to start a Monday. Poop
I'd rather have that then the new memo I just got detailing our new COVID-19 operational procedures that make no sense and leave more questions than answers......geez

Yes let's fully screw with mother nature in 2020. I mean it's like humanity has a fork and 2020 is the light socket and we just want to jam the fork in there.

@SD I think said dinosaurs would appear in 2020. ??❓

Well, I made a final decision tonight that will affect me and my family for the rest of my life. I hopeful I made the right decision. I decided to leave dish network where I was one of the top techs and took a new job going to work as a fiber tech for google internet. I did take a little pay cut for starting out but it will equal out for all the driving I wasn’t getting paid for. I feel like the dish industry was fading to a point it is like the titanic. I also feel like the internet fiber industry is going to be the future for the communication industry. I also kinda felt under appreciated for the past 3 to 4 months where I was having to drive almost 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours just to get to my first job and going home where I wasn’t getting paid at all. Then once week on Thursday I would have to be up at 3:30 am and go the office where I wasn’t getting paid no time. So on Thursday I was working close to 6 hours before I was getting paid on the clock. I did try to tell management my concern and felt blown off. But they just ignore me till it was to late. I am excited about my new job opportunity and just wanted to share with everyone.
I wish you and your family well and I’m sure you made the right choice. If you had not taken the opportunity then one day you would have looked back and regretted not giving it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back