• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Myfrotho704_ any photography tips on catching the Neowise comet? I just got a new camera (Canon EOS M100) and I'd like to test it out. All I have for a lens is a Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3. Nothing fancy, just came with the camera.

Personally I haven’t taken pictures of it because of clouds and stuff, but to get the comet to pop out in your photos I’d set your ISO between 800-3200, f stop between 7.1-10, and have a longer exposure shot between 5-20 seconds, you might have to adjust around those settings depending on other factors like light pollution/star trails/noise in photos but that’s the range I would use

Personally I haven’t taken pictures of it because of clouds and stuff, but to get the comet to pop out in your photos I’d set your ISO between 800-3200, f stop between 7.1-10, and have a longer exposure shot between 5-20 seconds, you might have to adjust around those settings depending on other factors like light pollution/star trails/noise in photos but that’s the range I would use

The fact we both live in highly light polluted areas doesn't help. There's a popular location for night sky shots like an hour and a half away for me.

can we have more focus on Wilkes County or north-west NC area when you post please add additional information?

Have been feeling some anxiety today, so I'm playing Mario Kart Wii online, on ISO...things I would've never figured until recently.

Serious. Id like to have a forecasting contest.
Yours is too easy! All you have to do is forecast 85-95 degrees and zero rain, the next 30 days, and you’re a shoe in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back