• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

L freakin OL! How could yall miss this?!

Dont forget this, a 1040 high over NE/Canada and a 995 low over GA equals one hell of a gradient over NC lol.....basically 18 hrs of 40mph sustained winds....the surge up all the NC rivers while getting 20" of rain well lets be glad this is 300+ hrs out.....this being 2020 though has me a bit nervous....

gfs_mslp_wind_seus_57.png

Dont forget this, a 1040 high over NE/Canada and a 995 low over GA equals one hell of a gradient over NC lol.....basically 18 hrs of 40mph sustained winds....the surge up all the NC rivers while getting 20" of rain well lets be glad this is 300+ hrs out.....this being 2020 though has me a bit nervous....

View attachment 51408
OH THE CAD potential here with a little shuffeling for the highest elevations espeacilly

OH THE CAD potential here with a little shuffeling for the highest elevations espeacilly
Honestly I thought the same thing when I saw that look. Maybe center the high in NY and move the low to just east of Savannah.

Folks,
It may not be over anytime soon per 12Z GEFS and this isn't the end of the run! :eek:

img

Another Caribbean storm??? Theta and Iota is next (there's another circle in the far eastern Atlantic)

2. A tropical wave is forecast to move over the central Caribbean Sea,
where an area of low pressure could form in a few days.
Environmental conditions may be conducive for at least gradual
development thereafter while the system moves slowly westward
through the end of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.two_atl_5d0.png

Another Caribbean storm??? Theta and Iota is next (there's another circle in the far eastern Atlantic)

2. A tropical wave is forecast to move over the central Caribbean Sea,
where an area of low pressure could form in a few days.
Environmental conditions may be conducive for at least gradual
development thereafter while the system moves slowly westward
through the end of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.View attachment 51865
GFS has to-be Theta going into the southern Yucatan a major in 12 days. The season isn't over yet it seems.

12Z UKMET: a new TD in Caribbean late week moving W and then SW

NEW TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST TO DEVELOP AFTER 120 HOURS
FORECAST POSITION AT T+120 : 15.9N 72.5W

LEAD CENTRAL MAXIMUM WIND
VERIFYING TIME TIME POSITION PRESSURE (MB) SPEED (KNOTS)
-------------- ---- -------- ------------- -------------
1200UTC 13.11.2020 120 15.9N 72.5W 1007 29
0000UTC 14.11.2020 132 15.9N 74.3W 1007 28
1200UTC 14.11.2020 144 14.8N 75.5W 1007 26

Look at that Bermuda HP on the LR GFS pic Above. Last thing I want to be looking at as we head toward Met winter. Rascal has just decided to dig its heels in.

Back