• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

Thoughts on how long it would take to warm back up, if another goes through that area? Fairly shallow in that area....

I assume it mainly depends on amount of sunshine, whether there are any cold fronts that get down into the Gulf, currents, depth as you mentioned, etc. Maybe a couple of weeks though it may not get to the same level of warmth with the tremendous amount of warmth that was removed.

I remember the massive cooling from Dorian!

If you had access to old daily maps similar to this for other storms, you could get some idea that way.

I know it’s in “the shire” right now but looking at this the TC to the north of this PH is weakening the H5 over the North Atlantic. I would be concerned for the south east and a weakening ridge.

15031537bc0297633ac6c773907f36a1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to reality. 00z Icon has the cruiser trying to get in the gulf.....00z CMC does to but actually spins up #2......

ScreenshotCapture_2020_08_29_08_55_57_070.jpg
ScreenshotCapture_2020_08_29_08_57_06_912.jpg

Yes, but where is it trapped?
You have to know that ridges of high pressure flows clockwise, and a low pressure system moves counterclockwise. Typically the most dangerous setups for hurricanes is when we get a high pressure ridge over the northeast, which as illustrated in the picture, which allows the storm to get trapped, and have no where to go but hitting land.
303439F1-ACC5-4383-ABD9-BD125184082B.jpeg

Back