• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

18Z GFS spins up a homegrown from one of these waves after it move to right on the SE FL coast and moves it north just offshore with a landfalling(ish) cane over central SC to ILM around the mid 980's

Lock this in since I have a house rented at the coast near MHX for Labor day weekend

18Z GFS spins up a homegrown from one of these waves after it move to right on the SE FL coast and moves it north just offshore with a landfalling(ish) cane over central SC to ILM around the mid 980's

Lock this in since I have a house rented at the coast near MHX for Labor day weekend

That's actually 98L fyi in case you didn't know.

Had to post this.....12z Navgem.....how often do we see this?....never

View attachment 46596
I’ve done some studying on the great Western Carolinas flood of 1916 and this is actually very similar to the set up. One hurricane hit the gulf near Mobile while another hit just south of Charleston a day later. The steering brought the remnants of the two storms together over the Carolinas and gave a horrible flood.

I’ve done some studying on the great Western Carolinas flood of 1916 and this is actually very similar to the set up. One hurricane hit the gulf near Mobile while another hit just south of Charleston a day later. The steering brought the remnants of the two storms together over the Carolinas and gave a horrible flood.
Wow....Thanks for the info....wiped out Asheville and Hendersonville.

So how did eastern NC hold up when all that runoff made it way down to us? As bad as I’d imagine?

2 hurricanes at once?

we've had 4 at once before in 1998 but I can't remember the last time we *may* have had 2 threatening the US also had 3 at once in 2017

Bonnie Charley 2004 was close but Bonnie was only a weak TS into the Panhandle the day before Charley hit below Tampa as a Cat 4

Already the African wave is in the TWO lol

A large area of showers and thunderstorms, located over Guinea,
Africa, is associated with a vigorous tropical wave. Environmental
conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for some
development of this system while the wave enters the extreme eastern
Atlantic on Friday. By early next week, however, conditions are
forecast to become less favorable for tropical cyclone formation
while it moves west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph toward the
central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

two_atl_5d0 (3).png

So how did eastern NC hold up when all that runoff made it way down to us? As bad as I’d imagine?
From my reading while. Eastern NC saw some flooding, it was Eastern SC that was much worse since the flooding in NC was especially bad along the Yadkin, Catawba, Saluda, and Broad Rivers. All of that water overflowed the Pee Dee and Santee Rivers. Keep in mind this is well before any those rivers started getting dammed so there was no man made control to them.

Already the African wave is in the TWO lol

A large area of showers and thunderstorms, located over Guinea,
Africa, is associated with a vigorous tropical wave. Environmental
conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for some
development of this system while the wave enters the extreme eastern
Atlantic on Friday. By early next week, however, conditions are
forecast to become less favorable for tropical cyclone formation
while it moves west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph toward the
central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

View attachment 46691

The Treacherous Three.

That's likely just the beginning of what's to come, just wait til most of the subseasonal tropical convection shifts into the Indian Ocean

Yeah if some of the tweets I saw today are right this isn't even the most favorable it's gonna be

I've been thinking all day how its still kind of early anyway on this date in 2017 Harvey died before it changed history so yeah and Irma wasn't even a thought yet

Last year Dorian still to come

2005 Katrina hadn't happened yet
2008 Gustav and Ike still to come

Etc

Back