• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please!!! I’ve got $350 in Amazon gift cards and I’m going to buy my first home weather station. I’ve been researching and every station has good and bad reviews of course, it’s great or it’s a piece of junk. Do I spend $330 or $135. I’m not interested in sending data to websites etc, just want to know what’s happening in my back yard. Can someone just tell me what to buy please?

Help please!!! I’ve got $350 in Amazon gift cards and I’m going to buy my first home weather station. I’ve been researching and every station has good and bad reviews of course, it’s great or it’s a piece of junk. Do I spend $330 or $135. I’m not interested in sending data to websites etc, just want to know what’s happening in my back yard. Can someone just tell me what to buy please?
I hear great things about the WeatherFlow Tempest. I have an Ambient PWS that was given to me as a gift. If I had my choice I would go with the WeatherFlow but all-in-all the Ambient does the job for me and is on the cheaper end. Davis makes great weather stations but some of the technology is kind of dated for the price you pay.

I hear great things about the WeatherFlow Tempest. I have an Ambient PWS that was given to me as a gift. If I had my choice I would go with the WeatherFlow but all-in-all the Ambient does the job for me and is on the cheaper end. Davis makes great weather stations but some of the technology is kind of dated for the price you pay.
Maybe the new weatherflows are better than my old version but I have issues with the rain total changing after almost every event. Also it doesnt have a home base station. It looks like the ambients on Amazon have good reviews

Maybe the new weatherflows are better than my old version but I have issues with the rain total changing after almost every event. Also it doesnt have a home base station. It looks like the ambients on Amazon have good reviews
Yeah I have only had mine up about 5 months but had no big problems so far. The home base station display is hard to read from certain angles and even on the dimmest mode is still very bright at night. Minor issues really, overall it appears to be a very quality unit. Also love how there are multiple options to view and archive your data online. OP said that didn't concern him but I really enjoy it. For the price hard to beat for your average weather enthusiast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back