• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you all that have pivotal, I was thinking about switching to them. Seems like everyone likes it & im seeing more and more people using it. For the people who do use it, do y’all have the hobbyist package? Thanks!

For you all that have pivotal, I was thinking about switching to them. Seems like everyone likes it & im seeing more and more people using it. For the people who do use it, do y’all have the hobbyist package? Thanks!
I hate Pivotal. The only good thing you get with your money is the soundings for the Euro and UKMET and the HRW-FV3, as well as a few minor parameters. The Ukmet and Euro are free anyways. I'm not a fan of not having the slider as a default, and it being incredibly difficult to save a screenshot. They are also significantly lacking with ensembles, which is the #1 reason I use Weatherbell. No meteograms either.

I hate Pivotal. The only good thing you get with your money is the soundings for the Euro and UKMET and the HRW-FV3, as well as a few minor parameters. The Ukmet and Euro are free anyways. I'm not a fan of not having the slider as a default, and it being incredibly difficult to save a screenshot. They are also significantly lacking with ensembles, which is the #1 reason I use Weatherbell. No meteograms either.
Thanks man! One thing I noticed with weather models.com, is I can’t seem to find Ice accumulations at all except in 6 hour intervals. I might check out the 7 day free trial on pivotal just to see how different it is. Thanks for the input

Thanks man! One thing I noticed with weather models.com, is I can’t seem to find Ice accumulations at all except in 6 hour intervals. I might check out the 7 day free trial on pivotal just to see how different it is. Thanks for the input
I know that they have the FRAM algorithm, and I'd put that under the minor parameters. @Myfrotho704_ usually posts the maps anyways.

I don't think I've ever seen about 4 inches of snow hang around so long(the initial dusting was last Sunday morning!) finally today it's really melting with temps near 50 lol

I'm only 4 hours north of you !
And that’s a big big difference. Even Louisville at 130 or 150 north of me does much better at winter. I average probably 5-6 while Louisville averages 13-15. Your area is like 20-23 a year. A bad winter here can be 2 inches or less. A bad winter up there is probably 5-10 which is a great winter here. I’m at 12.5 on the season and this is now a top 5 or 6 winter for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back