• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the maintenance guy for the apartment to unlock the door for me and then I called a locksmith who charged me $130 :( Probably should have just called the police.
Just bust out the window and have the window replaced. Good insurance has full coverage glass

Gotta have snow at night this time of year if you want really big snow. Only way to get big daytime snow is if its snowing very hard. Can't get a good daytime snow with light rates in Late Feb and March.
I don’t think I can remember a March snow that was big not occurring overnight.

I learned in March 2009 that if you dont have insane rates during the daytime, it wont stick much. Especially when temps are marginal. I'm guessing that snow with temps well below 32 are pretty rare during the daytime in March.

You really do live in a good spot for snow but not so much you’d get sick of it.If I could get 1-2 snow events each winter like I just got I’d be stoked. Tarheel will be signing a much different tune this time next year.
I'm only 4 hours north of you !

I learned in March 2009 that if you dont have insane rates during the daytime, it wont stick much. Especially when temps are marginal. I'm guessing that snow with temps well below 32 are pretty rare during the daytime in March.

I ended up getting 6 inches from that storm, but i got really lucky with the deformation band towards the end of the storm. Had thundersnow as well. I know there was a sharp cutoff where the southern and eastern areas of the ATL metro got a lot more snow than the western and northern areas.

I ended up getting 6 inches from that storm, but i got really lucky with the deformation band towards the end of the storm. Had thundersnow as well. I know there was a sharp cutoff where the southern and eastern areas of the ATL metro got a lot more snow than the western and northern areas.
I had thundersnow all day long and managed about 1/2". Actually probably more than that fell, but it would melt in between snow showers so the most at any one time was like 1/2".

Indeed. That’s what spoiled March 2009 for a lot of the SE to some degree. It started snowing a couple hours of sunset in GSO and we got 6”, but in some areas around Atlanta they got killed by the sun angle during the day, and that temperatures were also at/above freezing (sure, they still got some inches, but it could’ve been much, much more). Plus, soil temps were warm, the unholy trifecta.

I had thundersnow all day long and managed about 1/2". Actually probably more than that fell, but it would melt in between snow showers so the most at any one time was like 1/2".

Where in the metro were you living at? Soon as the rain turned to snow, it snowed decently all day with the heaviest rates between 4-6 pm. In fact my profile pic is a radar of that storm funny enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back