• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could set up shop on Hatteras all winter, they get crazy cool storms during the winter with driving rain, thunder, and heavy winds! Much better than our 40-degree rains.

Very rare to see thunderstorms on Hatteras in winter. Lots of wind and driving pouring rain and crazy pounding surf though.

Still have a feeling I'll get shafted here in Raleigh even in the perfect pattern because early December is usually too early here

Yeah it's pretty hard to believe but most people i think actually hate snow. Have you ever heard of snowbirds ? You don't see people moving up north because they want to experience a northern winter. Well unless you are tarheel.

I've been an avid hockey player for most of my life, which makes me seriously doubt I'd get tired of cold & snow if I moved north as most of my friends have tried to tell me. There's really nothing I've ever wanted more than to walk outside my house, lace up my skates, and go skate and play ice hockey for free out on an area pond, just doesn't get cold enough for long periods of time down here to make that happen.

I've been an avid hockey player for most of my life, which makes me seriously doubt I'd get tired of cold & snow if I moved north as most of my friends have tried to tell me. There's really nothing I've ever wanted more than to walk outside my house, lace up my skates, and go skate and play ice hockey for free out on an area pond, just doesn't get cold enough for long periods of time down here to make that happen.

I tweeted at you. @jobuwantsrum

The thing with snow is, it's the rarity of the snow that makes it so exciting in the south. It's something totally different from the norm. Imagine living in a place that got snow once a week. Sure you may still enjoy the snow, but it would take a lot more for you to get excited. 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 type events would no longer excite you after a while.

The thing with snow is, it's the rarity of the snow that makes it so exciting in the south. It's something totally different from the norm. Imagine living in a place that got snow once a week. Sure you may still enjoy the snow, but it would take a lot more for you to get excited. 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 type events would no longer excite you after a while.
I think that I would be happy living in the MA, or NE. Snow's not a rarity, but you still get the thrill of getting cold rain, or big dogs. In other areas, it's a lock no matter what which sucks the fun out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back