• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I’ve been looking at the same GEFS and EPS charts for the last two weeks. Just can’t seem to get the icy/snowy members inside 180 hours for our area. It’s all a mirage and cold keeps getting delayed. No matter how many times this happened, I always find myself getting lured back in. It’s crazy how bad these models are.
Idk, I 100% believe the models and the nonstop CAD they have later this week . It’s very likely . CAD never fails to materialize , it just doesn’t !

Bs , eastern NC always trumps your area . If you had said over Greensboro sure .
Please. I always find a way to get storms any whether it’s from a Lee trough, UHI, sfc boundary that always develops here, differential heating from left over debris clouds, I just win no matter what !

Ice is beautiful until it knocks your power out for days. Or until you slip on it and end up in the ER.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If you’ve ever had to live through an extended power outage due to an ice storm, you’ll never want to see one again.

What main feature do we need to change in order to get it colder at the mid-levels or even the surface so we can salvage sleet instead of Zr?

I disagree Ice is NOT better than rain. Ice is very Dangerous. Why would anyone be wishing for an Ice Storm?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don’t wish things like hurricanes or Tornadoes. And I’d rather have snow then Ice but I do love the smell of fresh wood as trees break. And I love that beauty you see when ice is all over everything. Just got to get your kerosene heaters ready and have food on hand. Maybe grill something and enjoy it! It’s only what you make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ice is beautiful until it knocks your power out for days. Or until you slip on it and end up in the ER.

Exactly. If you’ve ever had to live through an extended power outage due to an ice storm, you’ll never want to see one again.

What main feature do we need to change in order to get it colder at the mid-levels or even the surface so we can salvage sleet instead of Zr?[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy but i lived through 2002-2003. whichever year it was we had all that ice. And despite no power for a week I absolutely loved it.

I don’t wish things like hurricanes or Tornadoes. And I’d rather have snow then Ice but I do love the smell of fresh wood as trees break. And I love that beauty you see when ice is all over everything. Just got to get your kerosene heaters ready and have food on hand. Maybe grill something and enjoy it! It’s only what you make it

I’m from Florida and California. Didn’t understand a word of this and hope I never do.

You have litterly lost your mind!

I disagree Ice is NOT better than rain. Ice is very Dangerous. Why would anyone be wishing for an Ice Storm?

Well we cannot control the wx and what ever happens will. Believe it or not there are quite a few who enjoy any frozen precip including zr. a big ice storm is certainly interesting to experience lol. it isnt necessarily wishing for an ice storm but wishing for something frozen over plain rain.

You have litterly lost your mind!

My wife says that all the time. I do think with the temps on the Euro we get mostly sleet. Sleet is good for sledding if you get enough of it.

Call me crazy but i lived through 2002-2003. whichever year it was we had all that ice. And despite no power for a week I absolutely loved it.

[/QUOTE]
You were probably just a little kid in 2002-03, so obviously you loved it.

You were probably just a little kid in 2002-03, so obviously you loved it.[/QUOTE]

I was about 13 or so

Thank you SD ik about clouds . Thought they were a myth tbh. I don’t believe in clouds. Coast is 100% clouds as well and not as cool . Can we for once over perform on temps
They are closer to the ocean. I heard on this very board that the warmer oceans are causing our 33 and rains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back