• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trained by the past 2 years to think this will be a ridge by day 6. What are the chances it’s not?
My gut feeling is that worst-case scenario this won't be a ridge over the SE. However, I do think that the worst-case would be a ridge over East Canada to suppress cold air.

Last edited:
Brett, remember in laniñas, they are usually front loaded. Keep that in mind. I will be happy just to see a freeze here, maybe hard freeze

I have always been pessimistic when it comes to snow chances before Christmas. 2018 was the first time in over 15 years it snowed more than an inch before Christmas here in Raleigh. The December 2017 storm was a bust here, and I recall there was a December 2008 or 2009 storm that brought Louisiana snow but nothing here. The Deep South and of course the NC mountains have seemingly had more early December snowfalls than here.

We've had much better luck in January and February historically, so I naturally am more optimistic then. Though January has been a dumpster fire the last two years and February 2017-19 all sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back