• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I really miss playing basketball. Haven't played since last March when everything shut down with COVID. Also didn't get to coach my kids' teams in the rec league this year because that was canceled. My company has a league every year and my team was going for our third straight championship last year. We only got to play one game before the season was canceled. Hope we have a season this fall. I am going to start going to a park and shooting hoops again whenever it warms up and dries out.

I could never quite dunk on a regular 10 foot goal. I'm right at 6 foot, and could grab the rim back in the day, but couldn't palm the ball good enough to dunk it.

I knew someone in high school who had an 8 foot goal and a bunch of us pitched in to get a Gorilla breakaway rim. That was fun to play on with a bunch of guys who were all 6 foot or under.

I bet that was fun. The black guys I played pickup ball with called our games jungle ball because it was survival of the fittest and the only fouls came if blood was drawn. It was more than once I got my feet taken out from under me going to the rim.

I really miss those times. Life was so much more fun back then. If I can find it, I have an old photo of me dunking during a game. No idea where it is, but now I must find it!! LOL

I actually like those pickup games. It was nice being the first non-black dude picked. I could hit threes and stuff to about twelve feet. Between twelve feet and the three point line I couldn’t hit water if I fell out of a boat. I have no idea why. Even today I can’t hit intermediate range jumpers on the goal and concrete pad I have to the side of my driveway. That is if I get to even play on it because my daughters like to park it cars there and then leave the house with their friends with the cars parked there.

Now I really miss playing basketball. Haven't played since last March when everything shut down with COVID. Also didn't get to coach my kids' teams in the rec league this year because that was canceled. My company has a league every year and my team was going for our third straight championship last year. We only got to play one game before the season was canceled. Hope we have a season this fall. I am going to start going to a park and shooting hoops again whenever it warms up and dries out.

Brick, I like you. You’re a hoops man. I’m a hoops man. Common ground bro. Sorry for all the crap I’ve dished to you. If we lived near each other we could hoop it up. If you have an XBox and an XBox Live account, I have NBA2K20 and love playing online.

Brick, I like you. You’re a hoops man. I’m a hoops man. Common ground bro. Sorry for all the crap I’ve dished to you. If we lived near each other we could hoop it up. If you have an XBox and an XBox Live account, I have NBA2K20 and love playing online.

The kids have a Switch and I have NBA2K21 for it. I like messing around making different teams, usually of Carolina players that used to play and ones that are currently in the NBA. The team with the current players isn't that good, but the one with the all-time players like Jordan, Carter, Stackhouse, Jamison, and Kenny Smith is stacked.

The kids have a Switch and I have NBA2K21 for it. I like messing around making different teams, usually of Carolina players that used to play and ones that are currently in the NBA. The team with the current players isn't that good, but the one with the all-time players like Jordan, Carter, Stackhouse, Jamison, and Kenny Smith is stacked.

I’ve got it on the switch too!!

Man, Kenny Smith was an assist machine with the Rockets. I remember watching Jeff Lebo, Dante Calabria, Montross, Zwikker, and the rest of those guys. Those were some good teams.

Man, Kenny Smith was an assist machine with the Rockets. I remember watching Jeff Lebo, Dante Calabria, Montross, Zwikker, and the rest of those guys. Those were some good teams.

Yeah, the last two years have been rough for Carolina basketball. I wonder if it's time to get someone in with a new system. I don't think Roy's is going to do well much longer with the way the game has changed with not having two big men and it being more about hitting the three and having players that can penetrate.

Yeah, the last two years have been rough for Carolina basketball. I wonder if it's time to get someone in with a new system. I don't think Roy's is going to do well much longer with the way the game has changed with not having two big men and it being more about hitting the three and having players that can penetrate.

May I remind you of the last two years of Matt Doherty?

May I remind you of the last two years of Matt Doherty?
Its tough. I do hate seeing us pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock runs down and we jack up a bad one. Our bigs get pushed around in the paint, and when they finally respond, foul gets called. Our guards can't penetrate the defense and finish in the lane.

Wish we had a Brian Reese, Stackhouse, Vince Carter type that can take the ball at the top of the key and drive in the lane and finish. We need that to break down opposing defenses. There is no Tywon Lawson on our team that can do that. We simply need to recruit better players, but they now want to go elsewhere coming out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back